restoring info/contacts

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
when you do a hard reset/format of the device, can you restore all of your contacts via zune some way? or do you have to input them and start all over?

jgibo1

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You either already have them on your sim when you got the phone. Or they come back to phone from your contacts. In my case my work email. Others it might be Gmail, yahoo or hotmail.

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
As stated above,

Just make sure you have sync'd your phone to an Hotmail/Live email account and verify all your contacts have been uploaded to that email account.

Next time you format, all you need to do is configure your email account and all your contacts and calendar info will be restored from it.

Gmail also works but I shy away from it since OUTLOOK will not sync their contact or calendar info. But if you are not using outlook for home/office use Gmail will do fine too.

seaniccus

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
meh

This works okay, but I still wish there was a way to copy the "people" hub to a sim card. Yes, everything is configured on the google server, and with live, and it works great - but there are times where i'm going to switch the sim card out for a few days - or I might buy a different phoen some day, and I like keeping my contacts with me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon