The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-24-2011 11:48 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    I have had the Focus since December and have been waiting for "approved" micro sd cards. I had tried 2 different cards purchased off of ebay and they were both counterfeit and crashed the phone. I have read many opinions and experiences from blogs all over the internet and decided to take that knowledge and buy a 32 gb micro sd card.

After installing I did the reformat twice (read somewhere that helps). I now have a total of 37 gb of usable space. I have about 28 gb of music, 3 gb of pictures, movies, and apps loaded on the phone (definitely using the card) . I have turned the phone on and off many times every day and swapped batteries, many users reported that this is when they had problems, when the phone comes back on data is gone and memory is gone. Not so with this card, everything is working great, no change in speed of downloads or games loading, music is always there and sounds great. 1 week and going strong!

I purchased the card off of Amazon from BlueProton who is a certified SanDisk dealer. It is a SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card (Bulk Package). There is not a class rating on the card (class does not matter in this case).

I hope this helps.
    06-17-2011 10:38 AM
    Nodo was supposed to finally put "actual" support for the SD cards right?
    I have reviewed a post on this topic @XDA-dev forums....Wish I could get to the exact post but it is on the SD card thread for the Focus...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1043537

Persoanlly, I have had no issues with the Patriot Signature Line 16GB Class 4 card from day one...Model: PSF16GMCSDHC43P (from Paul Thurott Windows Phone Secrets Blog.)

No random reboots, performance issues, and have loaded up music, podcasts (over the internal 8GB memory.)
    Last edited by gahbmwm5; 06-20-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Correction...found reference link @XDA
    06-20-2011 08:44 PM
    I wonder if the issues with the cards are related to the Harware version. If Version 1.4 is having problems with the NODO update, I wonder they are having problems with the additional memory.

I have a ver 1.4 phone. It is filled with music so I really need to add a memory card, but I am guessing that it won't work.

Can anyone confirm that they have added a memory card to their ver 1.4 Focus?
    06-27-2011 10:31 AM
    No problems since the NoDo Update, 3+ months. Works like a champ.
    08-24-2011 11:48 AM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD