Made the leap! (and have a question)

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been stalking for awhile and just wanting to throw some more good WP7 vibes out there. I've been an iphone user since first Gen but the never really been an apple loyalist. When it comes to my PC - it will always be a windows based system. The good almost always vastly outweights the bad microsoft puts out there.

I picked up the Samsung Focus and can easily say that of all the new phones I've had over time, it easily extracts the most "wow" factor out of me. It looks stunning and responds so fast that it almost seems like its reading my mind.

I do have a quick question. The SIM card the focus uses is apparently newer than the ones the iphone uses so they had to replace it (and therefore couldnt transfer my contacts for me). I really hope I don't have to manually enter them all into the Focus (regardless of how incredible the onscreen keyboard feels).

I'm an avid google user. Does anybody know of a way to backup the contacts from my iPhone to google contacts and then to WP7? I know this is the WP7 forum, but I imagine a few of you have been in my same situation and have the experience I need!

Thanks!

gdubyacobb

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I also moved over from an iphone put I didn't get a new SIM with mine, so I just imported the contacts. If you still have the SIM you could try inserting and see if it will work just for that. Or you could try moving the new SIM to the iPhone and then back.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Often what happends with Iphones they scrap the SIM car , i work for bell up here in canada , and i use to sell alot oh IPHONE and the clients always came back cause it ditn work in other phoens and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

one thing u can do ,,, I KNOW EXIST up here in canada any awys , we have a MACHINE in the store , we charge clients 15$ to have all contacts transfered from one phone/sim card ( deppending if it sim or not ) to an other SIM/phone

what id do is contact ur local Cell phone stores and ask them if they have this Machine , doesnt matter what companny , the machine has ALL the phones

i use to transfer from rogers to bell , telus to bell , fido to bell , as long as they did the updates they should have EVERY model phones

Edit: PS welcome to the Dark side :p

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info!

I did it the long-winded way but it worked beautifully.

Attached my iPhone to iTunes and checked Sync Contacts with Google. Merged contacts. Then went to accounts on the Focus and set my google account to sync contacts. It had everything pulled over in a matter of minutes.

Really a great little device. There are plenty of great apps out there already too. My one gripe thus far is a common one... the search function on the marketplace is chaotic. They need to include a filter for the results.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
they have a APP that has a better search

to be honest i havent evan found where to run a search on the regular marketplace , LMAO!!! dint evan know u could.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos