Is it true that Netflix has a blue tinge to it?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I hear that the SAMOLED screen makes everything a little blue. I am torn between the Focus and the Surround right now, so was hoping to find out if this is true. I also hear that the Focus feels plasticky and cheap.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice any sort of tinge.

Comparing the two in person, the screen on the Focus was hands-down better.

Coming from an iPhone 4, the Focus was shockingly lighter with a bigger screen and being almost as thin. I don't think it feels plasticky at all. If you are torn, I'd recommend looking at them in person at the store if you have the chance

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
If the back ground is white like when you open office or read your emails it will have a weird tint to it. I agree you really need to go to a store with working demos and mess with them both. Be sure to go into settings and put brightness on high on both devices when comparing.

Last edited:

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately going to a store to see it is not an option as I live in the boonies. Have to do the whole mess by mail.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
I don't see any tinge at all. Comparing it to my iPhone 4 (and my palm pre plus), it is slightly cooler, but I certainly wouldn't call it blue. I personally didn't like the surround, but if you are ordering the phone from AT&T, start with the phone you think you will like the least. After two weeks, trade it for the phone you think you will like better. You are allowed one trade for free. If, after the end of the 30 days (not a month, not 30 business days, 30 days. I make this point having been bitten in the *** once before!), you like the first phone, you pay a small restocking fee to get it back. If not, you keep the second phone, and are happy!

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Yes. Although if there is any chance at all that you have 3g where you live, the focus will find it. My iPhone 4, and 3g both got/get 2 bars of GPRS server, and in the same place, the focus gets 4 bars of 3g. It's pretty awesome.

Neofire

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed any blue tint issues at all, watching anime through netflix on the focus displays solid rich colors and you'll love the phone go for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo