Focus might feel cheap BUT!!!

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
i want the best so i go for samsung focus ^^
i prefer samsung focus than omnia 7
i own both and i prefer samsung focus
easier to hold , nicer to use although its plastic body so what?i love it! I dont found that its cheap , ppl which using htc told me they should have pick samsung focus than stupid htc , reason ? Simple , htc sux although they never tell me why they said so..no offense to htc fans

lol!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The one thing i don’t understand is how people claim that HTC make better quality devices, i dont understand that statement AT ALL ,

ive had 6 HTC phones ( 5 windows, 1 droid ) and to be honest with you . i loved HTC for the SENS they had on WM , but aside from that , what’s better??? i can admit its DIFRENT , but better?)??

id rather go with a company and call them better if they innovate USEFULL things like SCREENS! **cough*** Samsung SAMOLED * cough**

and the HOLE plastic thing .. ** HTC surround Cough** is also plastic ** cough**LIKE 99% of the phone on the market.
hahaha not because they pint it a metal colour that it makes it so.

In the end its ALL the same BULL SH**T , we should be fighting the Iphone/BB/android lovers >> NOT OUR OWN KIND!!!! >>

Wp7.. FTW!!! Let’s go spam he apple forums!!!! lol ;)

In the end if it was up to me and not my wallet I think id by them both , but having a family has its priorities.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I love how you had to get the last word in about Focus vs HTC and in the same post say we shouldn't be fighting each other! LOL

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
The Focus is made of plastic but feels very solid
It reminds me a lot of the ATT Pure, an HTC device. Samsung's been making solid phones for a while, but it wasn't until their Galaxy S phones, particularly the Captivate, that I really thought about owning one.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The Focus is made of plastic but feels very solid
It reminds me a lot of the ATT Pure, an HTC device. Samsung's been making solid phones for a while, but it wasn't until their Galaxy S phones, particularly the Captivate, that I really thought about owning one.

the Omnia 2 i8000 GT was also a VERY good WM phone right up there with the HTC HD

Samsung I think is probly one of the nest Electronic company int he world , they are in the top 10 Top companies in the world , beating out Apple, Nokia, HTC and Evan companies like Pepsi ( $$ WISE )

Ive had 6 HTC phones , and my last 3 phones have been Samsung , (aside from my 3 dayz with the surround ) and honestly i think Samsung is my new FAV cell phone manufacture

Focus beating out ALL wp7 right now in sells ( 43% has been the focus ) , turns out allot of us did the right choice ;) lol

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The only difference is that htc uses rubber feeling paint and samsung uses gloss. It's still mostly plastic and left over nexus one pieces of metal.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You realize the iPhone and the Focus use the same gorilla glass to cover the screen, right?

are you sure! guy i work with droped his iphone 4 the first day he had it and it EXPLODED , HAHAHAHA man i got a good laught out of it , he sure dint doh , LMAO!!!

ive droped my Samsung countles times and it never broke , but the fac that the AMOLED is a ORGANIC technologie makes it mroe resistant to breaks. i think . ether way

I knopw stress test wise the iphone would losse to almost any phone out there , its like having a basketball made of glass and trying to drible , HAHAHA

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm sure it's the same glass. The screen on your Focus is in no way more durable than an iPhone's screen in any way.

what are you kiding me , OF COURSE its mroe durable , man ,

U have any idea how dilicate the iphone 4 is???? ok it uses the gorila glass but it end there .

if u take a look at the Omnia 2 for example who DOES NOT use gorila glass , can take a BEATING from a hammer!! and its been done!! by me!! to prove a point to a friend LMAO!! ( omnia 2 uses AMOLED )

so the iphone has a gorila glass scrach resistance thats it .

if the iphone is soo resistance , then why does droping it once cause it to break like a glass globe. and why can my Focus be droped 50 times on a dayly bassis with out breaking once ?? because the AMOLED srceen help make the phone more resistance to BREAKING ( like droping ont he ground )
the gorila glass is just a backup protection to the phone .

if u dont baleave me , drop ur focus , then go spend 800$ on a iphone drop it fromt he same hight and see what happends . LOL .

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think it's because the Focus and most other phones have their screens (gorilla or not) recessed inside a bezel. Where as iPhone's extends all the way out (I think. I've never actually seen an iPhone 4 in real life), therefore not giving much protection.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think it's because the Focus and most other phones have their screens (gorilla or not) recessed inside a bezel. Where as iPhone's extends all the way out (I think. I've never actually seen an iPhone 4 in real life), therefore not giving much protection.

they do, im sure thats a reason

also , if u have ur iphone in ur pocket lean on the corner of a table and ur glass hits the corner , it will break like most touch screens apose the AMOLED screen , they whont unless u way 400LB i think ull break anything , ;)

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
they do, im sure thats a reason

also , if u have ur iphone in ur pocket lean on the corner of a table and ur glass hits the corner , it will break like most touch screens apose the AMOLED screen , they whont unless u way 400LB i think ull break anything , ;)

I'm not sure what part is so hard for you to understand, but they use the same exact materials from the same manufacturers which were probably mined out of the same caves for the screens in both phones.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Impossible to know.

It's not impossible to know. Samsung and Apple source the same Gorilla Glass (I think it's called chemcon or something) from the same company, Corning Inc. It's been stated by both Apple, Samsung, and Corning Inc multiple times. Neither screen is in any way more durable than the other, and the technology used to display the LCD pixels has absolutely zero effect on the durability of the glass. The only thing that's impossible to know is why some people can't grasp this.

edit: and I don't have time to search for it, but I'm pretty sure THIS website had a blog post about this exact topic a while ago, with Samsung saying that they did source the same glass used in iPhone 4's for their Focus line.. and I'm also pretty sure they use the same glass in every Android Galaxy S phone Samsung makes.

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
The droid was the first big hit to use it. The screens are both durable but with less protection from the case the iPhone may seem less durable
edit
I've had the case of my droid bend battery and all glass didn't crack though the lcd panel did

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not impossible to know. Samsung and Apple source the same Gorilla Glass (I think it's called chemcon or something) from the same company, Corning Inc. It's been stated by both Apple, Samsung, and Corning Inc multiple times. Neither screen is in any way more durable than the other, and the technology used to display the LCD pixels has absolutely zero effect on the durability of the glass. The only thing that's impossible to know is why some people can't grasp this.

edit: and I don't have time to search for it, but I'm pretty sure THIS website had a blog post about this exact topic a while ago, with Samsung saying that they did source the same glass used in iPhone 4's for their Focus line.. and I'm also pretty sure they use the same glass in every Android Galaxy S phone Samsung makes.

The same company made the bullet proof glass for our vehicles and the Iraqis. Ours was stronger.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Gorilla glass has nothing to do with the fact the AMOLED screen is stronger , the glass it self might not be stronger but the SCREEN IS!! , hope u can undestand that cause i lsot hope with you.
the gorrila glass is a glass , its not a screen! BIG DIFFRENTS glass, screen , glass screen , say it with me.

AMOLED is stronger cause it uses ORGANIC materials,

S super
-
A, active
M matrix
O ORGANIC (key word)
L light
E Emitting
D Diode

you can put garial glass but the Inside of the screen , the little LED lights , on the AMOLED are organic MEANING!!!!!

and this is a fact: the AMOLED screen will never ROOT OUT ( meaning when u break a touch screen phone u see it do a ROOT formation because the liquid spreads out and damg the screen ) AMOLED does not have that problem meaning u can almost smack it as hard u can with your fist and it will NOT break!! it might get a little slower but it whont break unless you put a hammer to it in witch case your just gona break the phone and not just the screen.

i dont know what YOU don’t understand between Gorilla LCD and Gorilla AMOLED , so before you talk trash thinking you know more , i get trainings on this kinda of stuff on daily basses from the companies , like HTC ,BB, Samsung and apple reps.

PS! IM MAKING A VIDEO TO SHOW YOU!!! ok???? you gona see me BEET THE LIVING ****!! out of my Omnia 2 AMOLED , and then your gona watch me pinch a regulard touch phone AND WATCH IT EXPLODE , your gona see the diffrents. and the omnia 2 is NOT evan Gorila glass its regular BS!!!! on t?p if it!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss