01-23-2011 10:51 AM
77 123 ...
tools
    about people saying the Focus feel cheap ( honestly they all do but w/e ) what im really trying to say is , the SAMSUNG FOCUS as much as it MIGHT feel cheap , its the MOST durable one of them all , the SAMOLED technologies is basically strong as **** ,

i had the Omnia 2 with just a regular AMOLED and i use to SMASH it against the corner of the table to prove a point to client in my store . so yeah it feels cheap , but it wont break once you drop it off your third story balcony like the other once.

Just to compare , a guy at work got the iphone 4 his first day he dropped it out of his pocket and Shattered the screen , ive drop my focus and smashed it ( im really bad with phones ) lol and it doesnt Evan have a scratch on it :P lol

Focus = feels cheap BUT

- thiner
    - classier
    - STRONGER
    - And the screen looks better evan doh it might not be better
    12-27-2010 01:15 PM
    I don't know who you're trying to convince... Obviously, it doesn't feel cheap to you, but to others it does... you have your reasons and they have theirs. I think everyone is mature enough to make their own decision.

The Focus doesn't feel cheap to me. I had other reasons to go with the Surround. But I'm sure my reasons won't be good enough for you, because you have different wants and needs from a phone as I do.
    12-27-2010 01:23 PM
    I must agree it is durable but the materials user in HTC phones are much better to bad HTC sucks with cameras
    12-27-2010 01:41 PM
    I don't know who you're trying to convince... Obviously, it doesn't feel cheap to you, but to others it does... you have your reasons and they have theirs. I think everyone is mature enough to make their own decision.

The Focus doesn't feel cheap to me. I had other reasons to go with the Surround. But I'm sure my reasons won't be good enough for you, because you have different wants and needs from a phone as I do.
    i dont think it does , but alot of people do think it feels cheap,

im just trying to Point out as much as it MIGHT feel cheap to ANY 1 ,, it still remaines the stronegs phone. ( screen wise ) it just will not break , thats all im trying to say

and from experiance by going by 10 diffrent touch phoens in the last 2 years 7 of them being HTC ( i work for a cell company so i get alot of phones ) the SAMOLED remains the Stronges ive EVER seen and im supprise how FORGIVEN this technologie is . and by forgiven i mean , u can ABUSE it and put it away wet and it still gona work PERFECT, lol

this Thread was for does people that want more info , this is a opignion tread and im giving you mine. and also a fact
    12-27-2010 01:46 PM
    I don't think the Surround camera sucks, but the Focus' is definitely better, that is if you can get the right settings in times of not-so-perfect conditions like low/artificial lighting.
    12-27-2010 01:47 PM
    i dont think it does , but alot of people do think it feels cheap,

im just trying to Point out as much as it MIGHT feel cheap to ANY 1 ,, it still remaines the stronegs phone. ( screen wise ) it just will not break , thats all im trying to say

and from experiance by going by 10 diffrent touch phoens in the last 2 years 7 of them being HTC ( i work for a cell company so i get alot of phones ) the SAMOLED remains the Stronges ive EVER seen and im supprise how FORGIVEN this technologie is . and by forgiven i mean , u can ABUSE it and put it away wet and it still gona work PERFECT, lol

this Thread was for does people that want more info , this is a opignion tread and im giving you mine. and also a fact
    And I respect your opinion ;)
    12-27-2010 01:48 PM
    I must agree it is durable but the materials user in HTC phones are much better to bad HTC sucks with cameras .

I don't think the Surround camera sucks, but the Focus' is definitely better, that is if you can get the right settings in times of not-so-perfect conditions like low/artificial lighting.
    I hurd the camera ont he HTC had more OPTIONS hence making it better ??, i dont see how the focus camera would be better they both take 720P vids and every thing no ??

maybe u think its better on the focus cause the SAMOLED screen makes it look better lol.

take a pic with both put it on ur pc and tell me its better.

ill be hoesnt i shake alot , so i never take good pics so i couldn`t tell you HAHA
    12-27-2010 01:56 PM
    I love htc phones all except for one.....the surround it's just stupid with that speaker. I would rather have a focus or any other wp7 than a slide out speaker. I don't care it's made of gold and comes with a miniature giraffe. It's just stupid to make a phone with a slide for a speaker. All slides wear and get loose, and that's ok for a keyboard if you need one, but a speaker no it's dumb.
    12-27-2010 02:56 PM
    Your dumb and my dad can beat up your dad! :P
    Haven't seen you around the last couple days. Where you been?
    12-27-2010 03:31 PM
    Your dumb and my dad can beat up your dad! :P
    Haven't seen you around the last couple days. Where you been?
    I'm in Germany visiting the wifey's parents.
    12-27-2010 03:39 PM
    I'm in Germany visiting the wifey's parents.
    Cool cool. I hope to be able to take the wife to EU for a vacation some day. Have fun.
    12-27-2010 03:44 PM
    Thanks its pretty cool right now we have about 3 plus feet of snow. People are skiing in the neighborhoods.
    12-27-2010 04:07 PM
    I hurd the camera ont he HTC had more OPTIONS hence making it better ??, i dont see how the focus camera would be better they both take 720P vids and every thing no ??

maybe u think its better on the focus cause the SAMOLED screen makes it look better lol.

take a pic with both put it on ur pc and tell me its better.

ill be hoesnt i shake alot , so i never take good pics so i couldn`t tell you HAHA
    You got it backwards. The Focus has more settings than the Surround. The Surround doesn't even have an anti-shake setting.

Surround camera settings:

Scenes
    Effects
    Resolutions
    Metering mode
    Flicker adjustment

I don't think I've taken a single blurry pic with the Surround yet. I've taken dozens of blurry pics with the Focus. But after playing around with it's (Focus) settings I eventually get a good pic. And you're probably right about the Focus pics looking better because of the SAMOLED screen. But you can't make a blurry pic look good, no matter what screen you got. LOL unless of course that's what you were going for... hahaha.
    12-27-2010 04:28 PM
    I think we all need to just get along and play some Spell It
    12-27-2010 04:34 PM
    I think we all need to just get along and play some Spell It
    +1

Let phones be phones and cameras be cameras! :D
    12-27-2010 04:43 PM
    +1

Let phones be phones and cameras be cameras! :D
    That's good I like it.....I think I'll use it. And let boom boxes be boom boxes.
    12-27-2010 06:46 PM
    LOL. Touche.
    12-27-2010 07:12 PM
    I agree samsung makes a plasticky device. Htc is pure quality hand down. The screen on amazing devices are pretty awesome though. I'm giving the htc surround the codename "radio Raheem"
    12-27-2010 07:17 PM
    I agree samsung makes a plasticky device. Htc is pure quality hand down. The screen on amazing devices are pretty awesome though. I'm giving the htc surround the codename "radio Raheem"
    thats cause it is plastic ;) lol ,

Im just trying to figuer out how peopel can say its cheaper when it would CLEARLY WIN againts any HCT phone in a STRESS test ( stress test = phisical abuse of the phone )

here : Samsung Galaxy S sporting Gorilla Glass to protect that precious AMOLED | Go Gadget News

watch what the SAMOLED can handle , LOL it hurts to watch them do that
    12-27-2010 07:57 PM
    i want the best so i go for samsung focus ^^
    i prefer samsung focus than omnia 7
    i own both and i prefer samsung focus
    easier to hold , nicer to use although its plastic body so what?i love it! i dont found that its cheap , ppl which using HTC told me they should have pick samsung focus than stupid HTC , reason ? simple , HTC sux although they never tell me why they said so..no offense to HTC fans
    12-27-2010 09:18 PM
    i want the best so i go for samsung focus ^^
    i prefer samsung focus than omnia 7
    i own both and i prefer samsung focus
    easier to hold , nicer to use although its plastic body so what?i love it! I dont found that its cheap , ppl which using htc told me they should have pick samsung focus than stupid htc , reason ? Simple , htc sux although they never tell me why they said so..no offense to htc fans
    lol!
    12-27-2010 09:37 PM
    The one thing i don’t understand is how people claim that HTC make better quality devices, i dont understand that statement AT ALL ,

ive had 6 HTC phones ( 5 windows, 1 droid ) and to be honest with you . i loved HTC for the SENS they had on WM , but aside from that , what’s better??? i can admit its DIFRENT , but better?)??

id rather go with a company and call them better if they innovate USEFULL things like SCREENS! **cough*** Samsung SAMOLED * cough**

and the HOLE plastic thing .. ** HTC surround Cough** is also plastic ** cough**LIKE 99% of the phone on the market.
    hahaha not because they pint it a metal colour that it makes it so.

In the end its ALL the same BULL SH**T , we should be fighting the Iphone/BB/android lovers >> NOT OUR OWN KIND!!!! >>

Wp7.. FTW!!! Let’s go spam he apple forums!!!! lol ;)

In the end if it was up to me and not my wallet I think id by them both , but having a family has its priorities.
    ninjaap likes this.
    12-29-2010 04:52 PM
    I love how you had to get the last word in about Focus vs HTC and in the same post say we shouldn't be fighting each other! LOL
    12-29-2010 05:08 PM
    I love how you had to get the last word in about Focus vs HTC and in the same post say we shouldn't be fighting each other! LOL

lol ;)
    12-29-2010 05:30 PM
    The Focus is made of plastic but feels very solid
    It reminds me a lot of the ATT Pure, an HTC device. Samsung's been making solid phones for a while, but it wasn't until their Galaxy S phones, particularly the Captivate, that I really thought about owning one.
    12-29-2010 11:06 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD