Touchscreen dies while charging.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My touchscreen has started to ignore my finger while plugged in to a charger. Even to swipe the screen up to unlock the phone, I have to unplug the phone, relock it using the hardware lock button, then unlock it. It's getting old. Anyone else experience this or know of any fixes?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
no , not at all
Troubleshooting 101! lol

-did u drop your phone in water?

-did a car run over it?

-Did your kid use it as a pacifier? lol

- did u try to prove a point to your friends by smashing your screen to show them how good it it? lol

- Do you lean on counters with your phone in you pocket?

- did you try doing a reset/hard reset?

- Did u try exchanging it at your local store?

:p

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
no
no
no
no
no
yes to reset, no to hard reset, and I don't plan to hard reset until there's some sort of SMS backup.
no, and I don't plan to until there's some sort of SMS backup.

:D

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
no
no
no
no
no
yes to reset, no to hard reset, and I don't plan to hard reset until there's some sort of SMS backup.
no, and I don't plan to until there's some sort of SMS backup.

:D

SMS back up 101

- grab a pen
- grap a papper
- LMAO!!! just kiding .

But seriously theres a way to do it , theres a machine on there called `` CELLBRIGHT `` I know MOST of the cell companys up here in canada have them in the store , its a 10k$ machine and they probly would charge u 5-15$ to back up contatcs/pics/SMS and w/e you want . u can evan transfer info to a SD card or a USB Key. try calling your local Cell phone store ( evan if not your company ) to see if they have it.

get that doen and exchange your phone.

sms backup would be a cool app , like PIM BACK UP on the old WM phones.

Last edited:

caspian1010

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced the same, but ONLY when not using the OEM-supplied charger (a bought an extra charger from the AT&T store for use while at work). Like you, the phone will turn on but is completely non-responsive using the AT&T charger -- until it is unplugged; using the Samsung charger works fine.

Not sure what the difference could possibly be, but it's odd...and annoying.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
It's been proven time and time again that non-oem chargers or even just a non-oem USB cable can cause problems.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It's been proven time and time again that non-oem chargers or even just a non-oem USB cable can cause problems.

i dont understand how it would effect the hardware of the phone

Ive seen often that Some micro USB charges for example Micro USB from MOTOROLA will not charge Micro USB Blackberys , cause its a little diffrent

but how does it effect a screen?? kinda weired. no?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
i dont understand how it would effect the hardware of the phone

Ive seen often that Some micro USB charges for example Micro USB from MOTOROLA will not charge Micro USB Blackberys , cause its a little diffrent

but how does it effect a screen?? kinda weired. no?

I have no idea either, but I've had a 3rd party USB cable cause my phone to reboot before. Also another charged my phone, but did not sync data. I think I read before, that it had something to do with the contact pins inside the heads of the cables. So my guess it's not hardware that locks up a phone, but perhaps the charging software is seeing some error and thus locking up the phone or causing other errors.

mrmeyer

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
I confirm the same thing. Using the Samsung charger, all is well. Using the AT&T charger, the touchscreen is non-responsive. I have to unplug it to touch the screen.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
As Anthonok already said, it is an electrostatic issue, most likely caused by a grounding issue present when using certain USB cables or wall chargers. For some reason, they are interfering with the (what should be) uniform electrostatic field of the capacitive touchscreen. Those of you having problems with non-OEM accessories (i.e., the AT&T "green" charger), try just using the USB cable with another USB wall charger (i.e., the OEM USB wall charger or a USB port on a computer). If it works fine, then it is the wall charger itself, and not the USB cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo