01-06-2011 06:12 PM
60 123
tools
    I think they missed some key features, but I"m still very impressed with the OS. No way would I sell my Focus. I just don't see any other phone on the market that offers the same user experience. I'll stick around until the Jan/Feb updates are released.
    I can't believe they would release a phone without that and custom ringtones. I've had the ability to do that since about 2000. Kinda big disappointment there. I put the focus on ebay.
    01-03-2011 01:18 PM
    It is odd the things that didn't make the cut on the first release. It's like whoever was the lead initially on the project dropped the ball, or had no idea about what users want in a phone today. First impressions are everything...
    I agree, my first impression is that its a good OS and the lack of custom ringtones itsnt a big deal same with sending a video.
    01-03-2011 02:11 PM
    I can't believe they would release a phone without that and custom ringtones. I've had the ability to do that since about 2000. Kinda big disappointment there. I put the focus on ebay.
    That's too bad. You should post a link so you get more hits. I'm sure someone will want it.
    01-03-2011 03:20 PM
    I'm just gonna try to stick it out until the update comes. I went ahead and cancelled the bids. Please wp7 update hurry, lol.
    Last edited by tre-nitty; 01-03-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    01-03-2011 04:13 PM
    its gona be funny to see MS realse a Update with EVERy thing on it

peiople selling there phones on e-bay are gona be kicking them self .

Like the iphone , id rather have NO CUSTOM ring tones insted of a phone that has no Interactive wiggets/icons , No interface aside from dumb ENDLESS list of icons.
    thats breaks the first time you drop it cause its freakign made of the SAME stuff that HUMPTY DUMPTY is made of , HAHAHA need glue?

well hopefully we get the good things in the update, i know IM clients are comming , copy-past is comming, Mulsty task is not sure yet but probly comming .

Custom ring tones probly will comes but it usless , if my phone rings I PICK UP! lol i dont like having to Open up SHAZAM every time my phone ring to know who it is LOL ;)
    01-03-2011 05:30 PM
    The thing is people at least want the option.
    VernonEL likes this.
    01-03-2011 05:31 PM
    Well I tried the phone and it's just not for me right now. The pone has it's pro's such as the samoled, the quickness and speed of the phone but the many bugs/cons are to much. The phone has powered down 10 times easily for no reason, the battery is horrible, not being able to send a video is a joke, no copy/paste which I hear is coming in a update but who knows when that'll be. Maybe after a update the phone will be a better purchase for consumers.
    Dude,
    if your phone is powering down at all I would replace it, they never powerdown
    and as for battery life I use my focus all day long and I'm always on it, by the time I
    go to bed and charge my phone I have atleast 1/4 battery. this has been the best phone
    I have owned to date as of battery life ..
    It sounds like you just don't want the phone ...
    don't know what to tell you..
    01-03-2011 07:02 PM
    That's the vibe I'm getting. It sounds like the OP is asking us to convince him/her to keep the phone. If you're not feeling it from the get go, then it's going to be hard keep an open mind. You gotta make up your own mind. Our opinions aren't going to matter much, because it's just that - opinions. We have ours, you have yours.
    01-03-2011 07:14 PM
    Im used to my WP7 now and love it. I can't imagine going to an iphone or android. I like android but I also love netflix and the smoothness of the OS. And I own a mac and an ipad, but I hate the tiny iphone screen and the OS is dated. Oh hell Ill say it, I hate the iphone its crap.
    01-03-2011 08:12 PM
    I'm dreaming of a WM7 samsung Focus with a 4.3 AMOLED screen! My upgrade is coming up soon!
    Im used to my WP7 now and love it. I can't imagine going to an iphone or android. I like android but I also love netflix and the smoothness of the OS. And I own a mac and an ipad, but I hate the tiny iphone screen and the OS is dated. Oh hell Ill say it, I hate the iphone its crap.
    01-03-2011 09:24 PM
    Umm the Focus isn't 4.3" dreaming literally right?
    01-03-2011 09:36 PM
    It is odd the things that didn't make the cut on the first release. It's like whoever was the lead initially on the project dropped the ball, or had no idea about what users want in a phone today. First impressions are everything...
    The OS has quite a bit of breadth for a 1.0, but not depth. First impressions will lead you to believe there's more to the OS than there is. It's only until you go to do something that a more mature OS like iOS or Android can do that you run into limitations.

The only thing that really bugs me about this release is the bugginess of Marketplace. I'm downloading a bunch of albums and jump to IE, then back to Marketplace and get the "Resuming..." screen for a good fifteen seconds until it finally spits me back to the Marketplace. Marketplace is one of the most important apps on the platform, so it's a shame to see it crash so often.
    01-03-2011 11:11 PM
    Not the current one. I'm talking about the next release from Samsung.
    Umm the Focus isn't 4.3" dreaming literally right?
    01-04-2011 08:06 AM
    Lol, i'm grown and could care less if you think that i'm just needing a reason to keep the phone. That's the funniest thing i've heard all day. Let's see, so there is no way that Samsung making 100,000's of these little devices screwed up on a few? Give me a break. The phone is a defective unit and I came here to seek knowledge on possible updates and info from slightly more experienced wp7 users. Everyone uses there phone differently but if you think the battery is good, then kudos to you but I personally think it sucks. Speaking on the phone with my dad just now, the phone powered down and said goodbye. So does it really sound like i'm trying to be convinced to keep such a disastrous experience so far?
    I've owned better phones but that's not the issue, this particular phone isn't performing but i've setup a swap at the Microsoft store and if that 1 doesn't work, then i'll be done with the wp7 until much needed updates come.

Dude,
    if your phone is powering down at all I would replace it, they never powerdown
    and as for battery life I use my focus all day long and I'm always on it, by the time I
    go to bed and charge my phone I have atleast 1/4 battery. this has been the best phone
    I have owned to date as of battery life ..
    01-04-2011 08:43 AM
    Lol, i'm grown and could care less if you think that i'm just needing a reason to keep the phone. That's the funniest thing i've heard all day. Let's see, so there is no way that Samsung making 100,000's of these little devices screwed up on a few? Give me a break. The phone is a defective unit and I came here to seek knowledge on possible updates and info from slightly more experienced wp7 users. Everyone uses there phone differently but if you think the battery is good, then kudos to you but I personally think it sucks. Speaking on the phone with my dad just now, the phone powered down and said goodbye. So does it really sound like i'm trying to be convinced to keep such a disastrous experience so far?
    I've owned better phones but that's not the issue, this particular phone isn't performing but i've setup a swap at the Microsoft store and if that 1 doesn't work, then i'll be done with the wp7 until much needed updates come.
    I am pretty sure he was trying to give you some advice, tre-nitty. Try to stay calm, no one is attacking you. Let us know how the phone works for you after you get it swapped out.
    tre-nitty likes this.
    01-04-2011 11:06 AM
    The op obviously should never of bought a wp7. Some people are just simple Apple people. Wp7 is in its infancy and so far is better than any other os minus some features that will come soon.
    01-04-2011 11:17 AM
    Blank stare.....So anyone who is having a problem with wp7 is a simple apple person, hilarious. I hate to inform you but wp7 isn't that complex. It's a cell phone that's very easy to use. People like you are what make people dislike a or any product for that matter. Your opinion says it's better but ios and android people think alot differently. To prior poster, I will let you know how the next 1 works.

The op obviously should never of bought a wp7. Some people are just simple Apple people. Wp7 is in its infancy and so far is better than any other os minus some features that will come soon.
    01-04-2011 11:42 AM
    Blank stare.....So anyone who is having a problem with wp7 is a simple apple person, hilarious. I hate to inform you but wp7 isn't that complex. It's a cell phone that's very easy to use. People like you are what make people dislike a or any product for that matter. Your opinion says it's better but ios and android people think alot differently. To prior poster, I will let you know how the next 1 works.
    Thanks. I have a hard time taking sides in this one. On one hand, I really like this phone. I have an iPhone 4, and a micro-sim adaptor, but my go-to device is my Focus. On the other hand, the people that just say "Android and iOS SUXORS. if YoU dnt like WP7, you are also gay! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" make me want to vomit a bit.
    Seriously, tre-nitty, WP7 is new. Like, new enough that there are fruit flies that are older. I can't promise you that it will do everything you want it to do. I think it will, though. And the Focus you have is ****. Mine is great. It's mass produced, so there are bound to be bad ones in the lot. Your next one will be better, I think.
    You will notice that I have said "I think" a lot. It's all oppinion, folks.
    01-04-2011 01:14 PM
    The thing is that companies have display phones that you can use to see if you like it, you tube has videos showing you the hardware, software, and specs. There is no reason why someone should of bought something that they did not want unless they are impulse buyers. The phone having warranty issues is another situation and all manufacturers produce lemons.
    01-04-2011 01:33 PM
    Sound like he wanted the phone, but didn't want the bugs. IMO. But it comes with the territory. But in all honesty, I can't see how anyone can be unhappy with either WP7, IOS, or a Android phone. They are all amazing in their own way. I just find WP7 to be more visibly appealing.

on a different note, go check out TiPb and Android Central to read up on some of the bugs they are having in their "mature" OS. Some are pretty awful.
    01-04-2011 01:40 PM
    so there is no way that Samsung making 100,000's of these little devices screwed up on a few? Give me a break. The phone is a defective unit and I came here to seek knowledge on possible updates and info from slightly more experienced wp7 users. .

u saying its not possible samsung made 100,00 Focus and a phew of them where DOA? ( dead on arival) ?? well if thast what ur asying your wrong cause its 100% possible

100,00 dont be suprise to see atlease 1000 of them being DOA!! from workign in a cell phone store and selling cellphones if theres one thing i leanred , is that EVERY SINGLE PHONE!!! has the possibility of being DOA!! ive done DOA on every phone , from cheap 100$phones all the way up to IPHONES ,Android , BB you name it !! electronics are NEVER perfect .

Honestly , like the others are sayign we are here to give you opignions on the phone , we are ( most of us ) are regualr joes on this site and all use or wp7 ALOT on a dayly basses .

all im we trying to tell you is , `` if your nto sure about getting this phone , we sugges WAITINg , BECAUSE!!! you might end up waisting 700$ of your own cash for a device you dont like . if i where you i would not risk it and stick to a phoen that offeres you what you want!
    <
    if u alredy have the focus and its giving you problem , dont wait go Exchange it for a new focus or w/e you want
    01-04-2011 02:10 PM
    I love my WP7!!! I even got android withdrawals went back to android and returned it 3 days later. Don't get me wrong android is the best OS out right now its just not for me.
    01-04-2011 05:16 PM
    You misunderstood me but basically I was saying that they make bad phones as with any mass produced product.

u saying its not possible samsung made 100,00 Focus and a phew of them where DOA? ( dead on arival) ?? well if thast what ur asying your wrong cause its 100% possible

100,00 dont be suprise to see atlease 1000 of them being DOA!! from workign in a cell phone store and selling cellphones if theres one thing i leanred , is that EVERY SINGLE PHONE!!! has the possibility of being DOA!! ive done DOA on every phone , from cheap 100$phones all the way up to IPHONES ,Android , BB you name it !! electronics are NEVER perfect .

Honestly , like the others are sayign we are here to give you opignions on the phone , we are ( most of us ) are regualr joes on this site and all use or wp7 ALOT on a dayly basses .

all im we trying to tell you is , `` if your nto sure about getting this phone , we sugges WAITINg , BECAUSE!!! you might end up waisting 700$ of your own cash for a device you dont like . if i where you i would not risk it and stick to a phoen that offeres you what you want!
    <
    if u alredy have the focus and its giving you problem , dont wait go Exchange it for a new focus or w/e you want
    01-04-2011 07:21 PM
    ...Don't get me wrong android is the best OS out right now...
    Subject for debate, but for another topic :-)
    01-04-2011 10:01 PM
    ATT just announced a ridiculous lineup of phones for android. I'm not sure how wp7 keeps up with that and ios(I mean saleswise btw). We're talking 4.5 inch samoled plus screens, with 1.2 ghz processors and 1 gb of ram. Dual core processor phones, etc. but hopefully for the sake of the consumer MS has something up it's sleeve.

Btw the warranty dept has to send my new Focus because they mysteriously didn't have any in store. On a good note, mine hasn't shut off all day.
    01-05-2011 03:26 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD