01-06-2011 06:12 PM
60 123
tools
    The 4.5 inch inspire looks so cool, however, running 2.2 is just a downer. Android needs to pick it up a bit in the UI department. The Honeycomb is definitely an improvement, but still can't touch WP7.
    01-05-2011 05:44 PM
    I'm probably gonna get the new Samsung with the 4.5 inch screen but i'll keep my wp7 also. I'm getting used to it but hopefully they get some updates going. Either we all win with ios, android, or wp7(imo).
    01-05-2011 07:20 PM
    I'm probably gonna get the new Samsung with the 4.5 inch screen but i'll keep my wp7 also. I'm getting used to it but hopefully they get some updates going. Either we all win with ios, android, or wp7(imo).
    updates are coming VERY soon , probly end of Jan early Feb ,
    they announced a Small update for jan feb , but they are planning a MAJOUR update AKA ``The mango Update`` probly in q2, q3 of this year (basically this summer)

as for the phones POWER ( hardware style ) i dont expect MS to get pushed over by Android
    balleave me the next Wp7 models are probly gona be more power then the upcoming androids

they take turns passing each other depending on release dates and technologies available at that time.
    its like buying a computer , 1 month later they release something better . same thing with cell phones
    01-05-2011 07:52 PM
    I got mine on Sunday and it's nice, but not sure it's nice enough to keep yet.

I'm holding out for the c&p update, hopefully brings other updates.

One thing I noticed is the battery drained over night, while I was sleeping. The battery was around 80% or better.

The touchscreen seems unresponsive at times or lags up. I'll hit a letter , it doesn't show up and two seconds after I hit it again, the same letter pops up twice.

App wise, all I really need/want is my chase banking app, which was scheduled to come out shortly, but has been pushed back to an unknown time frame.

The touchscreen responsiveness is the most important part to me having an iPhone, loving it and having a Nexus One and hating it (for that reason). I love the huge screen. I thought the iPhone 4 was perfect in size, but the extra screen realty on the focus is a plus.

The tiles are nice, but it's almost like an iPhone with push notifications. You get an indicator with how many notifications are waiting for you in app on the icon of the app with the iPhone, so both do the same, differently.

I don't like comparing either, but some things you do have to compare, especially if it's something you wanted/needed/loved about another phone.

Only reason I haven't made another device my primary other than the iPhone is because of the touchscreen being so responsive and no other phone having the same amount with an almost perfect auto-correction.

Being able to check your messages on the phone (xbl) is cool, but until they allow for voice to be heard and recorded, it's not that big of a deal. I can easily bookmark the xbl page in a browser or even certain apps like Raptr for the iPhone.

I pretty much have all the major platforms out now... WebOS with a Pre, iOS with an iPhone, Android with a Nexus One, BlackBerry OS with a Torch & 9700 and now wp7 with the focus.

I'm thinking of going back into the store and exchanging the device. Seems a bit sluggish and takes quite a bit of time to load apps.
    01-06-2011 12:56 PM
    I'm thinking of going back into the store and exchanging the device. Seems a bit sluggish and takes quite a bit of time to load apps.
    Good luck with your choice :) but I think you and I both know there is no perfect phone :( I'm also an ex Android/iPhone/BB user.. and still can't figure out which one I like best. Well, it isn't Android, I do know that much.
    01-06-2011 01:01 PM
    Honeycomb is for tablets only.
    Google shows off Android 3.0, the 'Entirely for Tablet' Honeycomb (video) -- Engadget
    The 4.5 inch inspire looks so cool, however, running 2.2 is just a downer. Android needs to pick it up a bit in the UI department. The Honeycomb is definitely an improvement, but still can't touch WP7.
    01-06-2011 02:02 PM
    Good luck with your choice :) but I think you and I both know there is no perfect phone :( I'm also an ex Android/iPhone/BB user.. and still can't figure out which one I like best. Well, it isn't Android, I do know that much.
    i meant for another focus... my boy has one and never mentions any sluggish behavior.

i will more than likely keep it, i just may not use it as much or make it my primary if my issues aren't resolved.
    01-06-2011 02:42 PM
    Being able to check your messages on the phone (xbl) is cool, but until they allow for voice to be heard and recorded, it's not that big of a deal. I can easily bookmark the xbl page in a browser or even certain apps like Raptr for the iPhone.
    I dont know if they'll ever "allow" for voice to be heard, like I mentioned early XBL party chats and voice messages use a different audio codec. And the notifcation of new messages on the live tile is another + for the OS
    01-06-2011 04:03 PM
    That hasn't actually been confirmed yet, but it does seem to be the case, which is pretty sucky to be honest.
    01-06-2011 04:29 PM
    I dont know if they'll ever "allow" for voice to be heard, like I mentioned early XBL party chats and voice messages use a different audio codec. And the notifcation of new messages on the live tile is another + for the OS
    but that doesn't explain why they wouldn't allow voice to be heard or sent...

am i missing something? sorry, i'm new to the whole wp7 world.
    01-06-2011 06:12 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD