Got the Focus, not liking so far!!!

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking that as well. I'm gonna just switch to this little nokia phone I have for right now and hopefully when the update comes we'll see what happens. I'm disappointed because I had high hopes for wp7 and I don't want android again and I was trying something different than ios which I love but wanted a change for a minute.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Exactly My Point

WTF, I just tried to send a video and there was no option to do so. Did MS really release a OS that can't do MMS?

I can't believe they would release a phone without that and custom ringtones. I've had the ability to do that since about 2000. Kinda big disappointment there. I put the focus on ebay.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
It is odd the things that didn't make the cut on the first release. It's like whoever was the lead initially on the project dropped the ball, or had no idea about what users want in a phone today. First impressions are everything...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think they missed some key features, but I"m still very impressed with the OS. No way would I sell my Focus. I just don't see any other phone on the market that offers the same user experience. I'll stick around until the Jan/Feb updates are released.
I can't believe they would release a phone without that and custom ringtones. I've had the ability to do that since about 2000. Kinda big disappointment there. I put the focus on ebay.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
It is odd the things that didn't make the cut on the first release. It's like whoever was the lead initially on the project dropped the ball, or had no idea about what users want in a phone today. First impressions are everything...

I agree, my first impression is that its a good OS and the lack of custom ringtones itsnt a big deal same with sending a video.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

That's too bad. You should post a link so you get more hits. I'm sure someone will want it.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm just gonna try to stick it out until the update comes. I went ahead and cancelled the bids. Please wp7 update hurry, lol.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
its gona be funny to see MS realse a Update with EVERy thing on it

peiople selling there phones on e-bay are gona be kicking them self .

Like the iphone , id rather have NO CUSTOM ring tones insted of a phone that has no Interactive wiggets/icons , No interface aside from dumb ENDLESS list of icons.
thats breaks the first time you drop it cause its freakign made of the SAME stuff that HUMPTY DUMPTY is made of , HAHAHA need glue?

well hopefully we get the good things in the update, i know IM clients are comming , copy-past is comming, Mulsty task is not sure yet but probly comming .

Custom ring tones probly will comes but it usless , if my phone rings I PICK UP! lol i dont like having to Open up SHAZAM every time my phone ring to know who it is LOL ;)

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried the phone and it's just not for me right now. The pone has it's pro's such as the samoled, the quickness and speed of the phone but the many bugs/cons are to much. The phone has powered down 10 times easily for no reason, the battery is horrible, not being able to send a video is a joke, no copy/paste which I hear is coming in a update but who knows when that'll be. Maybe after a update the phone will be a better purchase for consumers.

Dude,
if your phone is powering down at all I would replace it, they never powerdown
and as for battery life I use my focus all day long and I'm always on it, by the time I
go to bed and charge my phone I have atleast 1/4 battery. this has been the best phone
I have owned to date as of battery life ..
It sounds like you just don't want the phone ...
don't know what to tell you..

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

That's the vibe I'm getting. It sounds like the OP is asking us to convince him/her to keep the phone. If you're not feeling it from the get go, then it's going to be hard keep an open mind. You gotta make up your own mind. Our opinions aren't going to matter much, because it's just that - opinions. We have ours, you have yours.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Im used to my WP7 now and love it. I can't imagine going to an iphone or android. I like android but I also love netflix and the smoothness of the OS. And I own a mac and an ipad, but I hate the tiny iphone screen and the OS is dated. Oh hell Ill say it, I hate the iphone its crap.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm dreaming of a WM7 samsung Focus with a 4.3 AMOLED screen! My upgrade is coming up soon!
Im used to my WP7 now and love it. I can't imagine going to an iphone or android. I like android but I also love netflix and the smoothness of the OS. And I own a mac and an ipad, but I hate the tiny iphone screen and the OS is dated. Oh hell Ill say it, I hate the iphone its crap.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
The OS has quite a bit of breadth for a 1.0, but not depth. First impressions will lead you to believe there's more to the OS than there is. It's only until you go to do something that a more mature OS like iOS or Android can do that you run into limitations.

The only thing that really bugs me about this release is the bugginess of Marketplace. I'm downloading a bunch of albums and jump to IE, then back to Marketplace and get the "Resuming..." screen for a good fifteen seconds until it finally spits me back to the Marketplace. Marketplace is one of the most important apps on the platform, so it's a shame to see it crash so often.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Lol, i'm grown and could care less if you think that i'm just needing a reason to keep the phone. That's the funniest thing i've heard all day. Let's see, so there is no way that Samsung making 100,000's of these little devices screwed up on a few? Give me a break. The phone is a defective unit and I came here to seek knowledge on possible updates and info from slightly more experienced wp7 users. Everyone uses there phone differently but if you think the battery is good, then kudos to you but I personally think it sucks. Speaking on the phone with my dad just now, the phone powered down and said goodbye. So does it really sound like i'm trying to be convinced to keep such a disastrous experience so far?
I've owned better phones but that's not the issue, this particular phone isn't performing but i've setup a swap at the Microsoft store and if that 1 doesn't work, then i'll be done with the wp7 until much needed updates come.

Dude,
if your phone is powering down at all I would replace it, they never powerdown
and as for battery life I use my focus all day long and I'm always on it, by the time I
go to bed and charge my phone I have atleast 1/4 battery. this has been the best phone
I have owned to date as of battery life ..

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Lol, i'm grown and could care less if you think that i'm just needing a reason to keep the phone. That's the funniest thing i've heard all day. Let's see, so there is no way that Samsung making 100,000's of these little devices screwed up on a few? Give me a break. The phone is a defective unit and I came here to seek knowledge on possible updates and info from slightly more experienced wp7 users. Everyone uses there phone differently but if you think the battery is good, then kudos to you but I personally think it sucks. Speaking on the phone with my dad just now, the phone powered down and said goodbye. So does it really sound like i'm trying to be convinced to keep such a disastrous experience so far?
I've owned better phones but that's not the issue, this particular phone isn't performing but i've setup a swap at the Microsoft store and if that 1 doesn't work, then i'll be done with the wp7 until much needed updates come.

I am pretty sure he was trying to give you some advice, tre-nitty. Try to stay calm, no one is attacking you. Let us know how the phone works for you after you get it swapped out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo