Got the Focus, not liking so far!!!

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The op obviously should never of bought a wp7. Some people are just simple Apple people. Wp7 is in its infancy and so far is better than any other os minus some features that will come soon.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay, if you say so Falcon!!!

Blank stare.....So anyone who is having a problem with wp7 is a simple apple person, hilarious. I hate to inform you but wp7 isn't that complex. It's a cell phone that's very easy to use. People like you are what make people dislike a or any product for that matter. Your opinion says it's better but ios and android people think alot differently. To prior poster, I will let you know how the next 1 works.

The op obviously should never of bought a wp7. Some people are just simple Apple people. Wp7 is in its infancy and so far is better than any other os minus some features that will come soon.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Blank stare.....So anyone who is having a problem with wp7 is a simple apple person, hilarious. I hate to inform you but wp7 isn't that complex. It's a cell phone that's very easy to use. People like you are what make people dislike a or any product for that matter. Your opinion says it's better but ios and android people think alot differently. To prior poster, I will let you know how the next 1 works.

Thanks. I have a hard time taking sides in this one. On one hand, I really like this phone. I have an iPhone 4, and a micro-sim adaptor, but my go-to device is my Focus. On the other hand, the people that just say "Android and iOS SUXORS. if YoU dnt like WP7, you are also gay! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" make me want to vomit a bit.
Seriously, tre-nitty, WP7 is new. Like, new enough that there are fruit flies that are older. I can't promise you that it will do everything you want it to do. I think it will, though. And the Focus you have is ****. Mine is great. It's mass produced, so there are bound to be bad ones in the lot. Your next one will be better, I think.
You will notice that I have said "I think" a lot. It's all oppinion, folks.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The thing is that companies have display phones that you can use to see if you like it, you tube has videos showing you the hardware, software, and specs. There is no reason why someone should of bought something that they did not want unless they are impulse buyers. The phone having warranty issues is another situation and all manufacturers produce lemons.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Sound like he wanted the phone, but didn't want the bugs. IMO. But it comes with the territory. But in all honesty, I can't see how anyone can be unhappy with either WP7, IOS, or a Android phone. They are all amazing in their own way. I just find WP7 to be more visibly appealing.

on a different note, go check out TiPb and Android Central to read up on some of the bugs they are having in their "mature" OS. Some are pretty awful.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
so there is no way that Samsung making 100,000's of these little devices screwed up on a few? Give me a break. The phone is a defective unit and I came here to seek knowledge on possible updates and info from slightly more experienced wp7 users. .

u saying its not possible samsung made 100,00 Focus and a phew of them where DOA? ( dead on arival) ?? well if thast what ur asying your wrong cause its 100% possible

100,00 dont be suprise to see atlease 1000 of them being DOA!! from workign in a cell phone store and selling cellphones if theres one thing i leanred , is that EVERY SINGLE PHONE!!! has the possibility of being DOA!! ive done DOA on every phone , from cheap 100$phones all the way up to IPHONES ,Android , BB you name it !! electronics are NEVER perfect .

Honestly , like the others are sayign we are here to give you opignions on the phone , we are ( most of us ) are regualr joes on this site and all use or wp7 ALOT on a dayly basses .

all im we trying to tell you is , `` if your nto sure about getting this phone , we sugges WAITINg , BECAUSE!!! you might end up waisting 700$ of your own cash for a device you dont like . if i where you i would not risk it and stick to a phoen that offeres you what you want!
<
if u alredy have the focus and its giving you problem , dont wait go Exchange it for a new focus or w/e you want

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I love my WP7!!! I even got android withdrawals went back to android and returned it 3 days later. Don't get me wrong android is the best OS out right now its just not for me.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You misunderstood me but basically I was saying that they make bad phones as with any mass produced product.

u saying its not possible samsung made 100,00 Focus and a phew of them where DOA? ( dead on arival) ?? well if thast what ur asying your wrong cause its 100% possible

100,00 dont be suprise to see atlease 1000 of them being DOA!! from workign in a cell phone store and selling cellphones if theres one thing i leanred , is that EVERY SINGLE PHONE!!! has the possibility of being DOA!! ive done DOA on every phone , from cheap 100$phones all the way up to IPHONES ,Android , BB you name it !! electronics are NEVER perfect .

Honestly , like the others are sayign we are here to give you opignions on the phone , we are ( most of us ) are regualr joes on this site and all use or wp7 ALOT on a dayly basses .

all im we trying to tell you is , `` if your nto sure about getting this phone , we sugges WAITINg , BECAUSE!!! you might end up waisting 700$ of your own cash for a device you dont like . if i where you i would not risk it and stick to a phoen that offeres you what you want!
<
if u alredy have the focus and its giving you problem , dont wait go Exchange it for a new focus or w/e you want

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
ATT just announced a ridiculous lineup of phones for android. I'm not sure how wp7 keeps up with that and ios(I mean saleswise btw). We're talking 4.5 inch samoled plus screens, with 1.2 ghz processors and 1 gb of ram. Dual core processor phones, etc. but hopefully for the sake of the consumer MS has something up it's sleeve.

Btw the warranty dept has to send my new Focus because they mysteriously didn't have any in store. On a good note, mine hasn't shut off all day.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
The 4.5 inch inspire looks so cool, however, running 2.2 is just a downer. Android needs to pick it up a bit in the UI department. The Honeycomb is definitely an improvement, but still can't touch WP7.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably gonna get the new Samsung with the 4.5 inch screen but i'll keep my wp7 also. I'm getting used to it but hopefully they get some updates going. Either we all win with ios, android, or wp7(imo).

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably gonna get the new Samsung with the 4.5 inch screen but i'll keep my wp7 also. I'm getting used to it but hopefully they get some updates going. Either we all win with ios, android, or wp7(imo).

updates are coming VERY soon , probly end of Jan early Feb ,
they announced a Small update for jan feb , but they are planning a MAJOUR update AKA ``The mango Update`` probly in q2, q3 of this year (basically this summer)

as for the phones POWER ( hardware style ) i dont expect MS to get pushed over by Android
balleave me the next Wp7 models are probly gona be more power then the upcoming androids

they take turns passing each other depending on release dates and technologies available at that time.
its like buying a computer , 1 month later they release something better . same thing with cell phones

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I got mine on Sunday and it's nice, but not sure it's nice enough to keep yet.

I'm holding out for the c&p update, hopefully brings other updates.

One thing I noticed is the battery drained over night, while I was sleeping. The battery was around 80% or better.

The touchscreen seems unresponsive at times or lags up. I'll hit a letter , it doesn't show up and two seconds after I hit it again, the same letter pops up twice.

App wise, all I really need/want is my chase banking app, which was scheduled to come out shortly, but has been pushed back to an unknown time frame.

The touchscreen responsiveness is the most important part to me having an iPhone, loving it and having a Nexus One and hating it (for that reason). I love the huge screen. I thought the iPhone 4 was perfect in size, but the extra screen realty on the focus is a plus.

The tiles are nice, but it's almost like an iPhone with push notifications. You get an indicator with how many notifications are waiting for you in app on the icon of the app with the iPhone, so both do the same, differently.

I don't like comparing either, but some things you do have to compare, especially if it's something you wanted/needed/loved about another phone.

Only reason I haven't made another device my primary other than the iPhone is because of the touchscreen being so responsive and no other phone having the same amount with an almost perfect auto-correction.

Being able to check your messages on the phone (xbl) is cool, but until they allow for voice to be heard and recorded, it's not that big of a deal. I can easily bookmark the xbl page in a browser or even certain apps like Raptr for the iPhone.

I pretty much have all the major platforms out now... WebOS with a Pre, iOS with an iPhone, Android with a Nexus One, BlackBerry OS with a Torch & 9700 and now wp7 with the focus.

I'm thinking of going back into the store and exchanging the device. Seems a bit sluggish and takes quite a bit of time to load apps.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of going back into the store and exchanging the device. Seems a bit sluggish and takes quite a bit of time to load apps.

Good luck with your choice :) but I think you and I both know there is no perfect phone :( I'm also an ex Android/iPhone/BB user.. and still can't figure out which one I like best. Well, it isn't Android, I do know that much.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with your choice :) but I think you and I both know there is no perfect phone :( I'm also an ex Android/iPhone/BB user.. and still can't figure out which one I like best. Well, it isn't Android, I do know that much.

i meant for another focus... my boy has one and never mentions any sluggish behavior.

i will more than likely keep it, i just may not use it as much or make it my primary if my issues aren't resolved.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Being able to check your messages on the phone (xbl) is cool, but until they allow for voice to be heard and recorded, it's not that big of a deal. I can easily bookmark the xbl page in a browser or even certain apps like Raptr for the iPhone.

I dont know if they'll ever "allow" for voice to be heard, like I mentioned early XBL party chats and voice messages use a different audio codec. And the notifcation of new messages on the live tile is another + for the OS

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if they'll ever "allow" for voice to be heard, like I mentioned early XBL party chats and voice messages use a different audio codec. And the notifcation of new messages on the live tile is another + for the OS
but that doesn't explain why they wouldn't allow voice to be heard or sent...

am i missing something? sorry, i'm new to the whole wp7 world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro