Looking to buy the Focus. Wondering what options I have.

Kangaroosky

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm trying to figure out what the best options there are for buying the Focus. Also I'm extremely interested in becoming a developer for the platform, so I'd be fine with a handset without services. I'm currently on an AT&T family plan, however, I'm not eligible for an upgrade until August. Apparently my best option then is to fork over $400.

Still I'm unsure whether or not I would want to agree to a new contract considering there may be some nicer Nokia phones and such on the horizon. Other options I've thought about are getting one off of Ebay, but something irks me about trusting the sellers on the site. Anyone do anything similar to Ebay? Have any other ideas? I feel very confused by the multiple contracts and deals from AT&T. Any response is appreciated. Thanks

On a side note: I went to my local AT&T store today to actually try out the phone. The experience was better than expected and the staff was fairly knowledgeable on the platform. Saw a family walk out with a Quantum and Focus.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
That's a pretty tough choice. If it were me I'd definitely get something off contract so you can save that deal for the next wave phones later this year or even next year. As for ebay sellers, just read up on the reviews given to them by buyers. You can get a pretty good idea of how reliable they are. I'd also strike up a conversation with the buyer before bidding to see how receptive and fast they reply to emails.

ethylove

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
tough...

it's hard to say what to do. i was in that predicament and bought a focus off of ebay. he had 100% positive feedback BUT never sent me my phone so I got my money back from ebay protection. THEN i still really wanted it so I bought one from another seller with 95% (don't ask why) and the transaction was very smooth. So be wary but most of my ebay transactions have been just fine.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine from ebay. Seller name was gazelle-store. Haven't had any issues, and they seem to be quite profession with a good return policy.

cohoman

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm a mobile apps developer and I also needed a WP7 device for testing my apps. I ended up buying one off eBay and got a good deal. There's lots of used and new WP7 phones available on eBay, and I got mine for $213 US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6