is their a way to force the update?

miguel11691#WP

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i just recieved my samsung focus... love the phone inserted a 16gb memory card to add even more storage space... any way to force to update or check for one

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there's no way to force the update. Word is the update is coming out no matter what tomorrow.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
To manually check for an update -

Plug Focus into PC
Load Zune software
Click Settings
Click on the "Phone" tab
Click "Update"

To continue checking, just keep going back to the Zune desktop, then going back through settings to the "Update" page.

There is no way to force any update.

There is no ETA on an update as even though Microsoft has promised the update by the 12th, that was just for the carriers, and they have made no promises for a timeline for the update to be in our hands. It could be as late as next year, depending on when another update is scheduled, yer carrier, yer phone, etc.

I'm assuming you have AT&T, and they (nor any carrier) are obligated to give you the NoDo update until a day before the NEXT patch is released to carriers.. and as of right now, the only other patch we know of is Mango, and I think we have a better chance of seeing pigs fly than seeing Mango in 2011.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There's been a lot of buzz about the update rolling out tomorrow. That Chevron hacker said we'd see the update for the Samsung Focus on AT&T today, although who knows if that'll happen late at night (if at all).

I'm just monitoring wpcentral and Twitter to see if anyone from AT&T got the update. It's easier than constantly refreshing the Zune to look for updates. You know when people get it, they'll be talking.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm not sure what that will help.. they rolled out the pre-update in waves across a few days to a portion of their users, and I'm not sure what would make anyone think they'll do this update any different. Even if someone does get the update tonight, it could still be weeks/months before everyone has it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans