The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-06-2011 04:59 PM
48 12
tools
    I think it may be specific to Samsung phones actually. I forgot about that other European Samsung.
    03-29-2011 09:45 PM
    NoDo released on Rogers for Focus's. :D
    03-30-2011 10:10 AM
    I decided I will never wait for AT&T to decide to move past the "testing" phase and used the hack to get it on my phone. Glad I did. AT&T has a long history of delaying updates longer than all other carriers for all platforms (other than iPhone), and I have no patience for it. I will do this for all future updates as well.
    03-30-2011 11:31 AM
    I decided I will never wait for AT&T to decide to move past the "testing" phase and used the hack to get it on my phone. Glad I did. AT&T has a long history of delaying updates longer than all other carriers for all platforms (other than iPhone), and I have no patience for it. I will do this for all future updates as well.
    I'm considering the same as well. The ball is in ATT's court and they're determined to drop it. While Verizon's anti net neutrality attitude is bad, ATT seems to have completely forgotten about their consumers.
    03-30-2011 11:55 AM
    This is rich:

I also forced the NoDo update on my AT&T Focus last night. The performance improvement is pretty noticeable.
    03-30-2011 12:56 PM
    me too, I unbranded, which prompted me for the feb update, and then forced the march update...very happy so far. AT&T Focus, with 16gb memory card if anyone is interested if this affects the forced/timing method, it didn't for me...

Last edited by jmerrey; 03-30-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    03-30-2011 01:27 PM
    Trying fo rthe 4th time to update my At&T Focus. no luck!
    03-31-2011 06:40 AM
    Are there any disadvantages to forcing the update on the Focus? I'd do it, but I'm wary of screwing something up and AT&T exacting revenge against me....
    03-31-2011 08:12 AM
    If I debrand the phone, how easy is it to rebrand the phone?
    03-31-2011 11:00 AM
    If I debrand the phone, how easy is it to rebrand the phone?
    If you debrand the phone with the debrand tool... it's rebranded with the touch of a button.

make sure your phone is unlocked, install the de-brand xap located HERE. Once you've installed it, click the button that says "DeBrand". Once you've done the update that you desire... click "ReBrand" in the same app.
    03-31-2011 02:46 PM
    So for the below to work and get the update for my AT&T Focus, I need to unlock and debrand first??

Start Zune
    Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
    Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
    Start the update search in Zune
    About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
    Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
    Connect to the internet again and install the update
    04-01-2011 05:52 AM
    success!

finally decided to unlock and debrand my device. i'm installing the updates now!

it's hard work doing it (because i like to read the instructions 5 or 6 times), but it's not hard at all. i just don't like making mistakes.

i think i got the pre-nodo and now it's doing the nodo as it rebooted my device and is now installing.

TIP: make sure your device can't be relocked =)
    Last edited by duvi; 04-01-2011 at 06:08 AM.
    04-01-2011 05:55 AM
    So for the below to work and get the update for my AT&T Focus, I need to unlock and debrand first??

Start Zune
    Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
    Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
    Start the update search in Zune
    About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
    Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
    Connect to the internet again and install the update
    after debranding, all i did was put it in airplane mode and then updated. no need to do the trick with disconnecting your internet.
    04-01-2011 05:57 AM
    But will it work for At&T in the US now, since the update is only in "testing" mode? If so, how do I unlock, then debrand?
    04-01-2011 06:11 AM
    But will it work for At&T in the US now, since the update is only in "testing" mode? If so, how do I unlock, then debrand?
    Read all directions very, very carefully. Re-read them, then re-read them again. As a matter of fact, print them out, bookmark them and memorize them. I cannot stress to you enough how important the directions are.

Unlocking and DeBranding.

Please, please, please make sure you read the directions. Really, I cannot stress this enough.

After you've unlocked your phone, then you will want to read the PREVENT YOUR PHONE FROM RELOCKING section in the Unlocking link above. Once you've installed that XAP, then you can worry about DeBranding your device.

Good luck.
    04-01-2011 07:23 AM
    after debranding, all i did was put it in airplane mode and then updated. no need to do the trick with disconnecting your internet.
    Exactly. I found a way on the XDA pages... turn of the cell connection, leave wifi on. No Tom Foolery or Hokus Pokus. Phone was unlocked and debranded.
    04-01-2011 07:25 AM
    If ATT's status doesn't change to "Scheduling" sometime in the next week then I'm gonna have myself a debranded, NoDo Focus soon.

And I had to restrain myself from Aprils Fooling the forum with a photoshopped screenshot of the "Where's My Update" page with a scheduling message for ATT. :D
    04-01-2011 09:57 AM
    The only reason I have not unlocked and debranded yet is my uncertainty what might be included in the NoDo update from AT&T. Will it have any Carrier-specific updates that I will miss out on by getting an unbranded NoDo? It's almost impossible to tell until the AT&T update hits.
    04-01-2011 01:41 PM
    i'm on at&t. that's the reason i wanted to know if others on at&t had gotten it.
    04-01-2011 03:12 PM
    most likely next weekend or the wekend after that. Should be here before Easter at tghe latest.
    04-02-2011 11:39 PM
    Still no update.
    Microsoft is launching a PR campaign (we won't rest until you all are updated and happy).

But what about AT&T? Are they saying anything, or just sitting on their thumbs?

They're the ones I'm paying each month for state-of-the-art service. From what I understand, Microsoft did its part months ago. Shouldn't we all be ragging on AT&T?
    04-06-2011 03:39 PM
    I used the technique Loiselle mentioned. I just got tired of waiting. If there's some fixes in the officialy released update then I'll try to get that as well. But as it is I'm happy with copy and paste and a games that load faster.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    04-06-2011 03:53 PM
    I own a Samsung Focus from ATT. It is NOT unlocked nor it is a developer's phone. I've waited and waited and waited and came to the conclusion that ATT is not about to do anything about the update anytime soon. So I went ahead and used Chris Walshie's "ChevronWP7.updater" tool and it worked flawlessly for my Focus. I've been rocking NoDo on my phone and i have to say over all it is running very well Especially when it comes to apps load time and performance not to mention copy & Paste (at last). Having said all the above and finding for myself that NoDo does work on Samsung Focus and functions without any issues i find myself bedazzled and very confused in regards of ATT behavior toward the update specifically for the Focus users. Why delay it? If the update impact a certain number of Focus phones then why not identify the phones (may it be by SN or Revision number) and provide a specific update process for these particular effected phone? Why the secrecy around the update? and more than anything Why Microsoft not able to push the update themselves like most phone makers do (Nokia, apple...etc) Even HTC was pushing its own Rom with the update on it for their phones. Sorry didn't mean to go over board with my comment over here but I am just not happy with the way things are being handled by MS and ATT. The answer Yes there is a way to get NoDo on your phone but it seems that everyone now trying to scare you from applying it to your phone and asking you to wait for the official update coming from ATT...... In the end its your choice.
    04-06-2011 04:59 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD