No-Do update and Samsung Focus...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I chose the Focus sub-forums because it is specific to this device... has anyone received the update that own a Focus? Are you on AT&T?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Another question... is there no way to force the update? ex. d/ling from an external link or even a direct OTA link from M$?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No NoDo here. I'm thinking we'll be one of the lat ones to get it. The only way to speed up the update process is to connect your Zune and check for an update in the settings menu. You won't see anything until Microsoft pushes the update to you your phone though.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Focus on AT&T, no update. I'm not going to get my hopes up for today, or even this week. That way, when it comes I'll be pleasantly surprised.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mary Jo Foley thinks it might be MONTHS until ATT Focus users see NoDo. Some European carrier was telling people April or May. Hopefully they're wrong because that's just disappointing. Microsoft did say March, so waiting until May first make sense...

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This is ridiculous. We are going at a once a year pace with updates at this point. If AT&T doesn't release it until April or May I will be pretty irritated.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is notoriously slower than European carriers, and they're probably going to end up rolling into May.. so a June/July ETA for AT&T is by no means out of the question.

On top of that, us Samsung guys are the problem children in the first place :D

I'm just waiting for the HD7S to launch so I can eBay this Focus.

FearThyWrath

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The Focus is the problem phone of the updates but don't think it will be longer then April MS knows they have to get them out and I think they will get it to us as soon possible well as fast as we can expect on att

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express Pro

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I need to look into getting an unlocked Dell Venue Pro. When I decided to buy the Focus, I *thought* I could escape the trap that has ensnared so many ATT and Samsung android users but I guess not. I don't know if Microsoft's head is stuck in the sand or some lowly, dark orifice, but whereever it is, they need to pull it out.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
While I'll keep my Focus, I'll pick up another phone if I have to wait until May. Think I'll pick up an Nokia N8, which can be had for a song these days.

And no, there's currently no way to force NoDo. You can remove the carrier string from the registry of an unlocked phone, but you'll only get the pre-NoDo update. Hopefully, XDA gets a ROM for the Focus or one of the European Samsung phone ROMs.

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
While I'll keep my Focus, I'll pick up another phone if I have to wait until May. Think I'll pick up an Nokia N8, which can be had for a song these days.

so you consider the focus unusable without NODO? huh?

the most important question: how do you pronounce nodo? no doe or no du?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering trying to unbrand my phone, but if that doesn't get me NoDo then there's no point. Have you guys contacted ATT Customer support to ask when they'll finish testing? I just sent a tweet to @ATT and @ATTCustomerCare. You should all ask so they know we care about updates.

I have been calling it No Doe

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Read this article on the main page.

I'd rather Microsoft and the carriers get the update right, rather than rush it out. Because if it isn't right, that would be much worse than late.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Read this article on the main page.

I'd rather Microsoft and the carriers get the update right, rather than rush it out. Because if it isn't right, that would be much worse than late.
agreed... either way, M$ loses. folks get mad when the OS is rushed, then they get mad when it takes some time. lol.

i'm tired of rushed OS. at&t is notorious for actually having a product that comes out the gate that works! how many of the smartphones has at&t released that needed an immediate software update? verizon? not so much.

i buy a phone for what it offers currently, never for what it will offer. i do want the update, but i'm not gonna get mad at M$ or AT&T... if they could, they would. how is it helping them to keep the update and not release it? it's not, so i'm sure they have good reason for holding it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb