No-Do update and Samsung Focus...

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
so you consider the focus unusable without NODO? huh?

the most important question: how do you pronounce nodo? no doe or no du?
I never said that. The Focus is a great device and I find it suits almost all my needs, with the major exception of copy and paste. The "share" feature built into the OS is nice, but there are times when I need to "share" just a block of text in one email and into another. Or from a web page to a text.

I understand the OS not launching with it and the delays associated with carriers testing the updates. I even understand the lack of cut (it really is "copy" and paste). But to have to go six months without it would be ridiculous. It really sucks because I could gloss over the other shortcomings of the OS for a while longer if it just had copy and paste.

And "NoDo" comes from "no donuts", so I pronounce it accordingly.

drunkard

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
According to Microsofts page about the update status, my carrier (Rogers Canada) has finished testing and now Microsoft is "scheduling" the NoDo update. So probly in a week or so it should be available to me.

For me, Pre-NoDo was available within days of releases, so I got that a while ago.

And please, people keep the replies on topic, take your baseless gripes elsewhere.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if this update fixed some of the Samsung Focus specific bugs? I really want to know if music still stutters the last 7 seconds of a track or if the voice commands work after headphones have been removed.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The 7 sec stuttter is real annoying. Didn't know it was a Foucs specific issue.
Does anyone know if this update fixed some of the Samsung Focus specific bugs? I really want to know if music still stutters the last 7 seconds of a track or if the voice commands work after headphones have been removed.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I decided I will never wait for AT&T to decide to move past the "testing" phase and used the hack to get it on my phone. Glad I did. AT&T has a long history of delaying updates longer than all other carriers for all platforms (other than iPhone), and I have no patience for it. I will do this for all future updates as well.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I decided I will never wait for AT&T to decide to move past the "testing" phase and used the hack to get it on my phone. Glad I did. AT&T has a long history of delaying updates longer than all other carriers for all platforms (other than iPhone), and I have no patience for it. I will do this for all future updates as well.

I'm considering the same as well. The ball is in ATT's court and they're determined to drop it. While Verizon's anti net neutrality attitude is bad, ATT seems to have completely forgotten about their consumers.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This is rich:

attachment.php

I also forced the NoDo update on my AT&T Focus last night. The performance improvement is pretty noticeable.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
me too, I unbranded, which prompted me for the feb update, and then forced the march update...very happy so far. AT&T Focus, with 16gb memory card if anyone is interested if this affects the forced/timing method, it didn't for me...

jmerrey-albums3-8.jpg

Last edited:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Are there any disadvantages to forcing the update on the Focus? I'd do it, but I'm wary of screwing something up and AT&T exacting revenge against me....

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If I debrand the phone, how easy is it to rebrand the phone?

If you debrand the phone with the debrand tool... it's rebranded with the touch of a button.

make sure your phone is unlocked, install the de-brand xap located HERE. Once you've installed it, click the button that says "DeBrand". Once you've done the update that you desire... click "ReBrand" in the same app.

gator

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Update Question

So for the below to work and get the update for my AT&T Focus, I need to unlock and debrand first??

Start Zune
Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
Start the update search in Zune
About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
Connect to the internet again and install the update

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
success!

finally decided to unlock and debrand my device. i'm installing the updates now!

it's hard work doing it (because i like to read the instructions 5 or 6 times), but it's not hard at all. i just don't like making mistakes.

i think i got the pre-nodo and now it's doing the nodo as it rebooted my device and is now installing.

TIP: make sure your device can't be relocked =)

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
So for the below to work and get the update for my AT&T Focus, I need to unlock and debrand first??

Start Zune
Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
Start the update search in Zune
About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
Connect to the internet again and install the update
after debranding, all i did was put it in airplane mode and then updated. no need to do the trick with disconnecting your internet.

gator

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
But will it work for At&T in the US now, since the update is only in "testing" mode? If so, how do I unlock, then debrand?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
But will it work for At&T in the US now, since the update is only in "testing" mode? If so, how do I unlock, then debrand?

Read all directions very, very carefully. Re-read them, then re-read them again. As a matter of fact, print them out, bookmark them and memorize them. I cannot stress to you enough how important the directions are.

Unlocking and DeBranding.

Please, please, please make sure you read the directions. Really, I cannot stress this enough.

After you've unlocked your phone, then you will want to read the PREVENT YOUR PHONE FROM RELOCKING section in the Unlocking link above. Once you've installed that XAP, then you can worry about DeBranding your device.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234