I unlocked my Focus back in December through NCKZone. Installed the Feb and March updates without a hitch. Now my phone is locked again to AT&T, when I try enterning the unlock code I got from NCKZone I get an error message that says SIM Error. Also, if I try to access the SIM through Phone Settings, it says the SIM is locked. I never had a lock on the SIM card, so I tried the default of 1111 to no avail. Only way to have access to the SIM is after a soft reset. Weird thing is phone is now locked to AT&T, and whenever I try the unlock code from NCKZone, I get a SIM error and it locks the SIM....anyone else experience this? Called AT&T, they were useless, they also transferred me to Samsung and all they could suggest is a hard reset.......
    04-19-2011 04:23 PM
    I called AT&T again, this time the person said the subsidy unlock code changed and they can't give it to me until May 9th, sounds fishy to me. Any one else have this problem?
    04-20-2011 07:52 AM
    May 9th? Maybe they'll have NoDo ready for the Surround on that date.
    04-20-2011 11:19 AM
    I ended up doing a hard reset and now it is fine, go figure. I now see ATT and AT&T using the Samsung Network Profile tool.
    04-20-2011 02:01 PM
    So just to be clear, your unlock code worked after nodo?
    04-24-2011 06:44 AM
    So just to be clear, your unlock code worked after nodo?
    Yes, carrier unlock is still working, for some reason I had to do a hard reset.
    gdubyacobb likes this.
    04-24-2011 06:46 AM
    carrier sim unlock should work forever after it's been unlocked.

when i first read this thread, thought you were referring to the developer unlock.
    04-25-2011 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD