Bricked phone, woohoo!

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's the fail post of the day.

Phone was installing NoDo, all was going smoothly.

Until I moved my chair. The USB cord was tangled around one of the chair's legs. Phone fell and disconnected during update.

Now it's wonderfully bricked. I turn it on and it's stuck on an image of the phone plugged onto a PC. Likely taking it into the store tomorrow, but anyone have any suggestions in the meanwhile? Sigh.

I should be going apesh*t right now but the situation was too surreal and I can't stop giggling.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Woah!

Ok, the support tool worked like a charm. Phone is mostly working now.

Only couple of issues: it seems to have relocked (I'd unlocked mine a month ago or so), tells me the SIM is invalid, and there's "no carrier". But I'm still getting emails.

Also, none of my apps work besides those that were preinstalled with the phone. I've redownloaded Kindle and it seems to be working now. Sigh, pain in the arse to reinstall everything...

Last edited:

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I bricked mine in the short amount of time between the VPN hack and before the support tool was available. I ended up calling ATT technical support, and after a couple of calls they directed me to a device support center where they swapped me out with a refurb that looked new. I'm sure that if I had the ROM I could put the phone in download mode to unbrick it.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, update on my situation:

For seemingly no reason, after like the 3rd time I plugged it into my PC with the intention of running the support app again, it connected to Zune. Zune told me I had to install NoDo. Ok, I did that.

Now everything's working normally. Weeeeird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro