The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-18-2011 06:07 PM
95 1234
tools
    anyone tried 32 gb Patriot class 4
    08-01-2011 08:27 PM
    Ok so I am buying a new focus. I have already ordered the Sandisk 32 gig card from amazon I go from this post. I am awaiting its arrival before buying the phone.

I have some questions.

1. Does anyone have the link to the post that covers the hard reset?
    2. Does the format need to be done on a computer or on the phone itself?
    3. And are there any detail instruction on how to do the quick formant with 32k clusters

Would love to hear from the group here so I can get my phone started right from the start. I plan on printing out this and taking it with me to the ATT store with the card and having it all done by their techs there. So detail instructions would be helpful to me thanks all
    08-05-2011 03:17 PM
    Also after reading about hardware issues between r 1.3 vs r 1.4 can anyone tell me if they fixed the 1.4 problems or should I insist on a 1.3 phone? Also just what do you all mean by NoDo
    08-05-2011 05:39 PM
    This still seemed to be a pretty active thread and I had several of the same questions...

MUST a hard reset be performed to install a card like this? I haven't bought one yet, but I just recently filled up the on-board space and was looking into it. The main reason I bought the windows phone was for the gaming. The first time I had to do a hard reset (when I changed the email on my xbox live account) it utterly pissed me off because I lost the save game progress on all my games. I'm now much further than I was initially (not to mention I have more games, including a crap ton of 3 stars on angry birds. I REALLY don't want to lose that data, but at the same time, I need more space.
    08-09-2011 12:20 PM
    Yes, installing any memory card will require a hard reset.
    08-10-2011 07:41 AM
    So what is a non-quick "Format FAT32 w/32k clusters"? I understand how to do it, but how would it help?
    08-11-2011 03:51 PM
    My understanding if that it would clean off all data if any on the card and prepare the data card for use intended without it it might work it might not.
    08-12-2011 12:55 AM
    Well none of the post after my initial post even attempted to answer my question and it seems to me that one of the other posters has the very same questions. So just in case any of you care to actually read the questions and post an intelligent reply I am going to repost my initial question

Ok so I am buying a new focus. I have already ordered the Sandisk 32 gig card from amazon I go from this post. I am awaiting its arrival before buying the phone.

I have some questions.

1. Does anyone have the link to the post that covers the hard reset?
    2. Does the format or the card need to be done on a computer or on the phone itself?
    3. And are there any detail instruction on how to do the quick formant with 32k clusters

Would love to hear from the group here so I can get my phone started right from the start. I plan on printing out this and taking it with me to the ATT store with the card and having it all done by their techs there. So detail instructions would be helpful to me thanks all
    08-12-2011 02:24 AM
    2) formatting the sd card should be done on your computer. nce you put the card in the slot of the focus it will cause a restart.

3) I have not seen any detailed instructions on quick format. When you start the format I believe that you will be a dialog box with options as to how the format will be done and you click on the one you want

As far as 1 I donr have a link but pocket now has several you tuve videos covering the installation of the card and other things. I will pull them up and post here for you in a bit

here's the installation video link

here's another video that may be of interest
    Last edited by jfa1; 08-14-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    08-14-2011 07:55 PM
    I bought this:

SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M, US Retail Package)
    Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M, US Retail Package): Electronics
    Sold by: GO-DPS (seller profile)

The format went well however as soon as I get filled the phone above 8GB I noticed that Sync slow substantially. Eventually after the sync my phone would crash and perform a reset. Did this twice.

So should I go ahead and give up on trying to expand my memory? I am willing to get at least 16GB so long as it's reliable. Really bummed about it now working since 8GB is simply just not enough for storage.
    08-26-2011 02:53 AM
    I bought this:

SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M, US Retail Package)
    Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M, US Retail Package): Electronics
    Sold by: GO-DPS (seller profile)

The format went well however as soon as I get filled the phone above 8GB I noticed that Sync slow substantially. Eventually after the sync my phone would crash and perform a reset. Did this twice.

So should I go ahead and give up on trying to expand my memory? I am willing to get at least 16GB so long as it's reliable. Really bummed about it now working since 8GB is simply just not enough for storage.
    I bought another card:

SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card (Bulk Package)
    Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card (Bulk Package): Electronics
    Sold by: BlueProton Consulting (seller profile)

Inserted this card which I first formatted on my computer with fat32 quick format(lost my unlock). Then I formatted with Mango RTM 7720 three times since on another forum this supposedly helped.

Currently syncing past the 8GB threshold however, noticed quite a reduction in speed when transferring past this point. The last card in the quote instantly crashed at this point. So will be testing throughout the week then if all goes well, will go through the process of trying to unlock. I use three batteries so I constantly swap out the battery. If this thing works, this will prevent me from either upgrading to a newer Mango phone(unless Nokia comes out with something special).

Here is a reference thread for other people testing out SD cards:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post17001252
    Calnor likes this.
    08-26-2011 02:54 AM
    Well no matter what card I've used it always syncsdlower when it get above the initial 8gb. But with the 32gb card listed above, I've had zero issues
    08-26-2011 09:19 AM
    Nice to know rocksteady. Im waiting for mango to slide a 32gb sandisk into my focus.
    08-27-2011 02:37 PM
    I didn't quite follow the Keynesian approach, but I did insert the same card successfully on a new Focus following an OS restore. Sure hope Mango installs as easily as the two WP7 updates I got on my post-32-insertion, initial Focus PC install.
    08-31-2011 03:57 PM
    I think I will favorite this topic so I can be ready for all of this to happen when I try to install my memory card LOL. I already know I'm going to need more than 8gb with music alone
    08-31-2011 04:43 PM
    I installed a 32gb Sandisk cat4 card on a v1.3 Focus with the latest 7390 update (not Mango, not unlocked) about 3 weeks ago, loaded 26gb of media on the phone and have not had a single issue. No hangups, no freezes, no unwanted resets.
    jfa1 and Coolaaron88 like this.
    09-05-2011 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the info heidemann nice to know I may go ahead and try installing the card before mango or wait.
    09-05-2011 12:59 PM
    Have any of you had problems with Zune desktop software erroring out with a 32gb SanDisk card?

I currently have a 32gb Kingston class 4 card in mine, have for a while, and while the data is retained past resets the Zune software doesn't like loading lots of data onto my Focus and needs me to restart the unit.

I am able to load lots of data easily over wifi sync but that seems to be more tolerant of the slowdown.

Does the 32gb SanDisk cards that you all have work better than what I've reported?
    09-30-2011 07:25 PM
    Nope, no problems. I would definitely just stick to the above listed one from amazon.
    09-30-2011 07:27 PM
    Nope, no problems. I would definitely just stick to the above listed one from amazon.
    This is great news to hear, please put up with a few more questions.

How much space have you used on the phone? Do you upload data through a USB cable or over wifi syncing?

And if you do load stuff over wifi syncing would you mind trying to get a video file onto your phone through USB and reporting back? 500mb-1gb size
    Last edited by clmbngbkng; 09-30-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    09-30-2011 07:33 PM
    I've got about 26gb of media.

I generally use USB cable for syncing, but I have done wireless sync before. I have a few videos that size, no problems.

It definitely does sync slower once u get past the initial 8gb. But no big deal. Whenever I've dine big syncs just do it overnight anyways.
    10-01-2011 01:23 PM
    And loading up files over night doesn't cause the Zune software to error out?

Sorry for asking so much but I'm just wondering before pulling the trigger.
    10-01-2011 11:34 PM
    I've never had the Zune software error out for anything ever actually lol. Does it only error out do u when u have the sd card in?
    10-01-2011 11:48 PM
    Yeah I have. It would say something like the "phone has stopped responding, please restart the device."

So, I take it nothing like that has happened? :)

I don't care if it slows down to upload stuff just the whole stopping thing really sucks.
    10-02-2011 12:43 AM
    Yeah, never stops. Not sure if anyone else had had stopping problem though. But I can say that I've used 2 of these cards myself (phone stolen), plus another for a buddy of mine and had no issues
    clmbngbkng likes this.
    10-02-2011 09:46 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD