32GB SD cards that actually work?

seijuro#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm planning to get a focus this weekend, and I don't want any other size than a 32gb card.

But from what I have read on these forums, theres no 32gb micro sd cards that "successfully" work on the focus. From what I gathered, most of the 32gb cards installed have problems.

Are there users out there that actually have a 32gb card inside their focus right now that has zero problems currently? What is your focus revision number, and what type of sd card did you use?

Note: I have read the card compatibility thread from XDA developers, but it hasn't been updated for months. I'm trying to gather the newest updated info.

Please let me know, as I'm trying to buy the right 32gb sd card from the get go. :)

mcslade

May 3, 2011
Visit site
32GB SD Card

I have a sandisk 32GB micro SDHC card in my Samsung Focus that has been working fine for almost three weeks now.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a sandisk 32GB micro SDHC card in my Samsung Focus that has been working fine for almost three weeks now.

Please, people. Stop saying Manufacture and size, that is NOT enough info. Each manufacture has dozens of different models of the same size. Provide model number!

seijuro#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Please, people. Stop saying Manufacture and size, that is NOT enough info. Each manufacture has dozens of different models of the same size. Provide model number!

He's right.

And mcslade, you said that you have a 32gb micro sdhc card, but what class is it? and what revision is your focus, 1.3 or 1.4?

Any other users reading this thread, please chime in with what 32gb card you currently have in your focus that works with no issues. And please provide specifics!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
In addition to that info, a key piece to the puzzle is, are you using the card or not. Specifically, if you have a 32gb card, but are using a total of 5 gb of space, then you aren't using the card, and saying your device is stable means nothing at this point. Thanks!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
In addition to that info, a key piece to the puzzle is, are you using the card or not. Specifically, if you have a 32gb card, but are using a total of 5 gb of space, then you aren't using the card, and saying your device is stable means nothing at this point. Thanks!

I had a 16GB card. My phone would still randomly reset even though I was only using about 5 gigs. I eventually yanked the card and that seemingly fixed the resets, though post-NoDo I'm tempted to reinstall the card to see if I have better luck.

dsnyder336

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a 32 gig card from ebay. I installed the card and put movies and songs on it. Later that day no music or movies were on there. I talked to the ebay seller and he said the class I had to was to low (class 2). So I upgraded to a class 10. It works but there are still some issues. Some videos do not play. Even though they play on my PC. I could be wrong but it seems as if the amount of data transferred at 1 time causes a problem or either the phone can not handle a 32 gig memory stick. ADATA is the manufacturer.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Focus 1.3 with Nodo
32GB Sandisk Class 4
Free space per Zune = 29.73 GB
Installed 3/26/2011 pre-Nodo = zero problems

dsnyder336

May 4, 2011
Visit site
OK. I have to now replace my 2nd memory card. The 1 that currently stopped working 3-4 days after install. The first memory card was a a-data 32 gig class 2 memory card. The 2nd was a memorette 32 gig class 10. Both gave me the same problem. I save my songs and movies to it and then all of a sudden they are all gone but it shows there is memory being used. Approximately 38 total.. 23 free.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
OK. I have to now replace my 2nd memory card. The 1 that currently stopped working 3-4 days after install. The first memory card was a a-data 32 gig class 2 memory card. The 2nd was a memorette 32 gig class 10. Both gave me the same problem. I save my songs and movies to it and then all of a sudden they are all gone but it shows there is memory being used. Approximately 38 total.. 23 free.

Just get this guy and save yourself the trouble already!
Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (SDSDQ-032G-A11M, US Retail Package): Electronics

thirdday2002

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, are you loading music and movies directly onto the card from your computer, and then putting the card into the phone? If you are that will not work. You have to use zune. Once you install the card into the phone and you do a hard reset, it becomes a permanent piece of the phone's memory. It is not a removable usb mass storage device. Sorry if you already know this and I'm insulting your intelligence, but from what you're describing it sounds to me like you're doing this.

dsnyder336

May 4, 2011
Visit site
yeah i followed all of the instructions. I am just going to sale the current memory card on ebay and buy the card posted above. Thanks for all of the help everyone.

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Patriot 32GB Class 10. As per the manufacturer's instructions for the Focus, I formated it FAT32 with 32K clusters. I also followed the installation instructions I found on here (factory reset phone, power off, install card, power on). I have 14GB worth of content on it now with no issues so far.

FearThyWrath

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have SanDisk card posted above did format then a reset and now only 2gb available and no problems. Oh and its been that way for like 2 months now

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
you used it to where there's 2gb of the ~40gb left and no problems right?

not that you reset and it showed 2gb of total space?

dsnyder336

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I look at other forums and there are people that the above card does not work for. Does anyone think there is a problem with a 32 gig card in the Samsung Focus Windows 7 phone? I am in the process of purchasing the card above and I will see what happens.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thats the second time I've seen the "Format FAT32 w/32k clusters" information.. Where did you find that ???

I have an 8gig Class 6 card.. but it made thing flaky on my Focus.. so I ditched it.. Would like to get a 16gig if I can find one that works reliably :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786