picking up samsung focus tonight - questions!

dannykavs

May 17, 2011
Visit site
hey guys and girls,

new to the forums here.....hope you guys can help!

I plan on picking up a focus tonight off kijiji.....and im curious as to what I should look out for.

I read that if you hacked an update on the phone that it will no longer be able to receive any official updates....

can anyone tell me where I can look to see if the device was hacked OR confirm if these details are true...

Thanks a bunch!

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
There has been a fix for that.

I would just suggest you make sure the revision # (on the back under the battery) is not 1.4! That it is 1.3!

dannykavs

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It never got the NoDo update, and Samsung hasn't been responsive about making it happen.

eeek

seems like samsung keeps adding to its reputation with troubled updates.

thanks for the quick help, look forward to sharing my positive experiences with the focus.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
eeek

seems like samsung keeps adding to its reputation with troubled updates.

If you have rev 1.4 (located under battery on label) you will need to have some patience. But you can enjoy the phone without the update for now.

Go to Setting/About to see what OS version you are running. If you have a rev 1.3 device, you should be at 7390. OS 7392 (May update) has not been officially released for the Focus yet. Juat have some patience.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

dannykavs

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If you have rev 1.4 (located under battery on label) you will need to have some patience. But you can enjoy the phone without the update for now.

Go to Setting/About to see what OS version you are running. If you have a rev 1.3 device, you should be at 7390. OS 7392 (May update) has not been officially released for the Focus yet. Juat have some patience.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

OKay guys, I think I got a great deal....bnib unlocked for 250.

However, I notice that I have os 7392....the phone was originally on rogers. Was the update hacked on? I didn't check for what rev version my phone is yet.

Other then that this beauty is gorgeous :D

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
OKay guys, I think I got a great deal....bnib unlocked for 250.

However, I notice that I have os 7392....the phone was originally on rogers. Was the update hacked on? I didn't check for what rev version my phone is yet.

Other then that this beauty is gorgeous :D

That means it has NoDo plus the more recent security patch. As far as I know there is no way to hack on the recent security patch, and Rogers got NoDo, so you should be good.

Nic Allen

May 18, 2011
www.facebook.com
Mine will be here tomorrow. I lost me iPhone on Monday at Universal, so i had to get a replacement phone fast. The Focus was the first thing i found that someone could overnight me. I'm not going to lie I'm a huge apple fan boy, but i am kind of excited to try something different.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine will be here tomorrow. I lost me iPhone on Monday at Universal, so i had to get a replacement phone fast. The Focus was the first thing i found that someone could overnight me. I'm not going to lie I'm a huge apple fan boy, but i am kind of excited to try something different.
glad to have you onboard. i wasn't a fan boy, but i thought the i4 was the best thing since sliced bread. then i met my focus and feel it has potential to be better than sliced bread. ha.

congrats, even though it was at the expense of your iPhone.

dannykavs

May 17, 2011
Visit site
but what's better than sliced bread?!

toast?

sliced bread with peanut butter on it.

really enjoying the phone so far. i think the most exciting part is seeing the platform grow and mature. i look forward to future updates but there is still plenty to enjoy on this OS combined with the samsung hardware :)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
sliced bread with peanut butter on it.

really enjoying the phone so far. i think the most exciting part is seeing the platform grow and mature. i look forward to future updates but there is still plenty to enjoy on this OS combined with the samsung hardware :)
add jelly to mine please.

yeah, i think the camera on the focus was enough for me to put my i4 to rest (on my desk, collecting dust). i don't use the camera a lot.

i also have the hack on my phone that disables the shutter sound permanently even with the volume on high. my son hates taking pics, so once he hears the first snap, i'm not gonna get another one.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
if you unlock your Focus, you can use the following app for it. i haven't yet though.

Simple Battery Indicator: Shows percentage of battery left - Download

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky