is there a way to check data usage?

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
like the title says, is there an easy way to check data usage on the phone?

i'm on the prepaid plan, which only gives me 500mb of data, and while i don't seem to go over 500mb right now on my verizon plan, i'd like to be able to monitor it.

i noticed in the few hours i had before my focus stopped working that it kept track of my minute and account balance usage on its own somehow (it showed how much my call cost and how much money i had left in my account) and was curious as to if there was some way that it kept track of data as well...

also, on a side note, what are your guys' average data usage looking like?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i used 250MB of data last month, but that doesn't include the amount of data i used on wifi. i'm sure i was over 2GB.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
ATT makes an app called MyWireless that tracks data and voice usage. It should be installed on the Focus by default, though I don't think they pin it to the home screen.

And i typically average about ten gigs a month, but for some reason I've just passed fifteen for the past two months.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the info! i'd check into the app, but my focus is currently sitting at samsung... :(

@rico, 10GB?! that's crazy! what do you do on your phone to consume that much??

i use quite a bit more on wifi at home/work as well, my 300-500 was on 3G.

the mywireless app seems like exactly what i'm looking for :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My Wireless should do it for you. If not on your phone you can find it in the Marketplace/AT&T App Store. Before I started using WiFi I was running about 2.2GB/m. Now that I have WiFi on almost all the time, down to around 240MB/m.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Alexis Dover

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

When your the "data connection" is turned on, does this mean that the phone is constantly connected to the internet? becuase on other phones, you can select data to be on, then it would connect when you use an internet based app.

I say this because i see the H or G symbol next to the signal indicator and i think its connected. So i turned data off and the battery was sweeet! If it is the case that its connected all the time, thats crazy, surely it can simply ask you to turn it on when you want to access the internet via a app? Same goes for the Wifi, if this is on, is it constantly searching?? Surely it can just search when you open the browser or app store?

I dont want connections to be on all the time, and i dont want to have to manually go to settings to switch them on everytime i want to connect!

Also, if you turn data connection off, does this mean that you cannot use 3g or 4g to make a no data phone call?? Because in some places the only connection possible is 3g instead of standard UMTS.

Hopefully some one can clear this up for me.

Battery is def better when they are off completely!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb