Unlocking Samsung Focus?

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for the cheapest & easiest way to unlock my Samsung Focus. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Easiest = Pay $99 for developer unlock

Cheapest = Buy an unlock code and hope it actually works

Cheapest + Easiest = Bug AT&T to give it to you, although from what I have heard they are not doing that yet.

I would personally go with the developer unlock if it meant that much to me. That way if something goes wrong you have Microsoft to fix it instead of some shady guy from Korea who may or may not speak English.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
A friend recently took a trip to Europe and with a little cajoling, AT&T gave him an unlock code for his Focus. Just have to be nice, and persistent, if that's possible.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

pgood4

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just got my focus this past week and ATT gave me an unlock code with no questions asked. I just told them I needed it for an overseas trip and he gave it to me right away.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Because it has been 6 Mon+ since the release they may be giving them out now. Question now is are you looking for a carrier unlock or a software unlock.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong... but...

Carrier Unlock and Developer Unlock are completely different. The Developer Unlock is for the development of applications and what not, and put them on your phone.

A Carrier Unlock allows you to take your phone, and put it on a compatible network.

gdubyacobb

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I called att today and was given the carrier unlock code no questions asked. Slipped my Vodafone UK SIM card in and was good to go.

dannykavs

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Focus off Kijiji and the dude told me it was unlocked. The phone was originally locked to Rogers, which is who I am with. Is there somewhere to check in settings that would prove that the phone is indeed unlocked?

Thanks

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Focus off Kijiji and the dude told me it was unlocked. The phone was originally locked to Rogers, which is who I am with. Is there somewhere to check in settings that would prove that the phone is indeed unlocked?

Thanks

Bring a friend with a SIM card from bell, fido or telus and try his SIM card in the phone befor you buy it :p

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought the phone new from ateentee in August, and got an unlock code from them last month. I said I needed it because I was going to Mexico in December. Actually, I am in a group or family plan, and the primary account person had to request the code for my device; she did and then called me with a number which I then had to enter on my Focus. Good luck with yours, but if you got yours from the carrier, there should be no issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes