tether problems

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i have a focus and can tether easily, but after half an hour or so my netbook's connection disappears. i have to restart the phone and netbook to restore the connection, then it will happen again and again. i have ATT and have the grandfathered unlimited data plan, but wonder if they are seeing a lot of bandwidth being used and limiting my usage or if it's the fault of my focus losing a connection from extended use. does anyone have any opinions or experience with this?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
My USB cable is loose -- possibly from using a non-Samsung micro USB cable. So when I touch my phone, the connection drops. Might be your issue. I also notice that while the phone won't simply reconnect when this happens (it gives me an error), I can simply reconnect and disconnect the phone on the PC end, wait a couple of seconds, and it reconnects. I used to do the phone/PC reset process, but this is much faster and works the vast majority of the time.

You also may need to check your connection options and make sure the connection isn't set to disconnect after n seconds of inactivity. I don't think this is enabled by default, but worth a check.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos