Samsung Focus not recognized.

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm trying to connect my Windows Phone Samsung Focus with its original cable to my Gateway Netbook. Zune is installed, up-to-date. The computer does not seem to recognize my Focus, though. I connect to my Dell Desktop, and it does pick it up there and syncs with Zune. Not on my gateway netbook though.

I've tested all the ports, soft reset, hard reset, reinstall Zune, reinstall Windows (Yes, even that.), and it doesn't look like my netbook wants to pick it up. The ports work fine, btw.. I've made sure to try out the ports with pen drives, and they work fine.

Anyone have a solution to this? My desktop does recognize it, but not my netbook.

EDIT: I found the solution to my problem. I completed the setup of my phone with the working desktop and then connected it to the Netbook and it installed the drivers! Thanks!!

EDIT 2: Did not work after restarting computer so it did not connect to Zune at all. UGH!

Last edited:

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
How do I manually install the drivers? I need that... And the strange thing is, I had this working before. But I had reinstalled Windows about a billion times after that time. Now it doesnt work at all..

And I don't think it's the netbook. I just put it on my second Acer Laptop and it doesnt work, neither. It only works on my Dell Desktop.

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I found the solution to the problem now. I used a USB extender cable (those where you plug a USB into another cable in one end and it has a USB connector at the other end to connect to where you want, just to make the cable longer. Well, apparently, it picks it up like this. I guess it might be a problem with the cable, I do not know for sure... But I'll just have a longer cable. lol. Thanks :)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure then... I would just go to the samsung website to download the drivers.

I've never had these issues with win7.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I found the solution to the problem now. I used a USB extender cable (those where you plug a USB into another cable in one end and it has a USB connector at the other end to connect to where you want, just to make the cable longer. Well, apparently, it picks it up like this. I guess it might be a problem with the cable, I do not know for sure... But I'll just have a longer cable. lol. Thanks :)

Cool... hope that fixes everything.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually I have had issues on some USB ports with the Samsung cable, errors in middle of syn and couldn't backup for update. Replaced with a cable that had a ferrite core on it and never had another issue with sync.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem for a few days before updating to mango. I don't know what caused it to finally find the phone. I did reboots and restarts on my computer and my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos