Unlocked Focus Questions

ScubaSteve

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll be purchasing an unlocked focus this upcoming week. I'm wondering if I can use this phone paired up with a boost mobile SIM card to have the phone on a pay-as-you go type of plan. Is this possible? I would mainly use this phone for talk and text. Also, is Boost the best prepaid service or t-mobile?

anon62607

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked Omnia with a Roshan pay-as-you-go in Afghanistan and it's working fine. I imagine it's roughly the same thing, but I haven't tried this with any carrier other than Roshan.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint. Sprint uses CDMA, so no, you can't use a focus on Boost. You have to look for a pre-paid GSM provider.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using WP7!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked Omnia with a Roshan pay-as-you-go in Afghanistan and it's working fine. I imagine it's roughly the same thing, but I haven't tried this with any carrier other than Roshan.

Valeuche: My focus had problems working on Roshan. Did you have to do anything extra besides dial the number to have roshan turn on your internet? I could never get my SMS working either on roshan.

anon62607

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Valeuche: My focus had problems working on Roshan. Did you have to do anything extra besides dial the number to have roshan turn on your internet? I could never get my SMS working either on roshan.

SMS should just work (though you might need to text "SMS ON" to 167. If you want GPRS you need to text "GPRS ON" to 167 and add and APN called "Internet" to the APN settings in Cellular. I haven't gotten MMS working yet.

My coworker's WP7 phone also just worked out of the box on roshan for SMS.

If your SMS isn't working at all, meaning even outgoing texts don't work, make sure international assist is turned off in the phone settings and the SMS center number is set in the messaging settings.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So I won't spam the forum with a new topic (and this is slightly related):

I already know I'm going to try and install a memory card on the Focus if I decide to purchase it. I read that a reset is needed and it will erase everything on the device. Will it also erase the unlock? Cause if so, that may be a dealbreaker being that I'm trying to buy a device that's already unlocked

roaddash

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Mostly the phone which you are going to buy will be in unlocked mode..so don't worry..even if it is locked , you can unlock your mobile using the unlock code, its very simple..this unlock is available at many unlock code providers like Theunlockspot . so don't worry about network lock..

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'll be purchasing an unlocked focus this upcoming week. I'm wondering if I can use this phone paired up with a boost mobile SIM card to have the phone on a pay-as-you go type of plan. Is this possible? I would mainly use this phone for talk and text. Also, is Boost the best prepaid service or t-mobile?

You can get a H20 sim card at Best Buy. They use the AT&T network and are cheaper than AT&T rate wise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium