Just couldn't help it...

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Was gonna wait for the new Windows Phones to arrive before I took the plunge, but the free Focus being offered with a new ATT contract was just too hard to pass up, so this morning I finally gave in. Got my new toy in hand and happy as a kid at Christmas! Gonna be busy for some time exploring this thing. :D

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes congrats indeedy, if you have half as much fun as me with my WP7 JBozz, you'll be as happy as a pig in poo. ;)

Even happer when the fruity version arrives. (Mango) :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well no one knows for sure but the speculation is September the 15th, but everyone seems to think that's for unlocked devices and carriers will be later than this date.

Just have to play the old waiting game and see what happens I guess JBozz.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough. Gives me plenty of time to discover all the secrets of my new precious. Must say I'm pretty damn pleased with NoDo so far. That being the case I should be ecstatic when Mango hits the street!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Relax enjoy your new toy by the time you get everything figured out and are ready for some new stuff well that's about when Mango is dew out so you can start the love affair all over again. Also just so you know you have made a wise decision you've gotten the most popular Windows Phone 7 device out at this time.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Indeed welcome indeed jbozz I love my focus diddnt get quite the deal but bought off contract for 150 several months ago. I just got an update for windows phone usb device which along with the zune 4.8 update are hopefully the precursors of a soon to come mango update. AS BigD5 says love all over again!!!!!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Went from iPhone 4 to a Focus about a month ago, and love it. WP7 trumps IOS IMHO. Welcome to the tribe!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Also just so you know you have made a wise decision you've gotten the most popular Windows Phone 7 device out at this time.

Indeed. I researched WP7 devices to death before I jumped on this particular phone. When I went in to ATT this morning I knew exactly what I wanted, from the phone right down to the details of the service plan. The customer service rep looked a little stunned when I walked up to the counter and I actually spouted off precisely what I was looking for. She started to ask if I wanted to look at a couple of Android devices and I stopped her cold before she even finished her sentence. I had already read too many stories in these forums where the rep would try to hardsell 'droid and iPhone devices, so I was already prepared for "the speech". I then proceeded to educate her on the pros of WP7 handsets and she just sat there staring at me like she didn't know what I was talking about. I think that's because she really didn't, which is a pity. ;)

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Indeed. I researched WP7 devices to death before I jumped on this particular phone. When I went in to ATT this morning I knew exactly what I wanted, from the phone right down to the details of the service plan. The customer service rep looked a little stunned when I walked up to the counter and I actually spouted off precisely what I was looking for. She started to ask if I wanted to look at a couple of Android devices and I stopped her cold before she even finished her sentence. I had already read too many stories in these forums where the rep would try to hardsell 'droid and iPhone devices, so I was already prepared for "the speech". I then proceeded to educate her on the pros of WP7 handsets and she just sat there staring at me like she didn't know what I was talking about. I think that's because she really didn't, which is a pity. ;)

So great to hear this story! An informed consumer is an empowered consumer. I like to buy my stuff this way too, so I know the feeling of only talking to a rep just to complete the purchase.

Awesome that you took your time to teach her about WP7 :D

EDIT: Oh and congratulations on your new baby! If you love it as much as I do, you'll be really happy! From the OS to the phone itself, you've made the best decision.

Last edited:

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome, JBozz, from a mostly-satisfied FreeFocus user; I got mine 3 weeks ago today. Good luck learning and loading and loving your new device.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i got mine on LAUNCh day last year lol ... and i int never lookign back!!!! until the FOCUS S comes out ... then im gona look at that bad boy!!!

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't you just return it within 30 days if the Focus S comes out within that time frame? I mean, you'll pay a restocking fee, but at least you'll get the new phone with the subsidized price. (I'm on Sprint so I'm not sure if this is true...but I assume there's some sort of return policy)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just return it within 30 days if the Focus S comes out within that time frame? I mean, you'll pay a restocking fee, but at least you'll get the new phone with the subsidized price. (I'm on Sprint so I'm not sure if this is true...but I assume there's some sort of return policy)

I could, but I'm not really interested in doing that. Sure, a processor bump would be nice but I have no use for a front facing cam and soon this handset will be running Mango anyway, so I'm pretty satisfied. And best of all I didn't have to pay anything for it (yeah, I'm a cheap son of a gun). ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786