Focus S or Wait for Nokia?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I was all set to wait it out for the Nokia WP's, but now with the Focus S announced, I'm not to sure. If it has expandable memory, it will be hard not to pull the trigger on the S.

4.3" of SAMOLED screen goodness could be too hard to pass on.

A little help people is what I'm asking for!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
4.3" of SAMOLED screen goodness could be too hard to pass on.

Indeed. Based simply on my short experience with the current Focus I know I'd be sold on the S if I were in the market for a new handset right now. Samsung hasn't given me a reason not to so far. All comes down to how much patience you have in the long run, though, I suppose. It would be nice to be able to compare the two before you ultimately make a decision.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to resist that screen! I'm honestly not expecting some real high-end Nokia phones until probably second quarter of 2012. It sounds like the Sea Ray/800 will be a mid-range device with a 1GHz CPU and 3.7" screen. If you have your heart set on upgrading in the near future, might as well go with the Focus S.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the Nokia bandwagon too. I think Mango+Nokia Hardware/Software will be an unbeatable combo. My main concern is which carrier will receive a high end Nokia phone.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I love my Samsung Focus. If my contract was coming due I'd pick up the new one in a heartbeat. I know everyone is looking forward to the Nokia phones, but the Samsung phones are great.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the Nokia bandwagon too. I think Mango+Nokia Hardware/Software will be an unbeatable combo. My main concern is which carrier will receive a high end Nokia phone.

That's the business practice in the U.S. that is really unfair to consumers, compared to Europe.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Nokia fan. But that Samsung Focus S looks tempting.

I don't think we'll see a Nokia with comparable specs until March or April.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The main things that I see would be the sea ray will have a great camera lenss the smsung probably not as good a lens but still decent. Many people are hoping that the focus will, like the focus have a user accesible sd card slot to expand the memory. Thats something to consider as well If its there that would be pretty compelling to me. The idea of a Nokia WP is very very intriguing. The HTC Titan looks really good as well.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The nokias probably not going to get released here in US until sometime in Q1 2012 not sure when the Titan will be herein the US!

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung hold their own in the camera department.

I will more than likely get the Focus S. I will probably get the next high-end Nokia device to hit AT&T as well.

For some reason, I think the next high-end Nokia or first Nokia WP device will be on T-mobile before all the other U.S. carriers.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Too bad Panama is not on the official WP7 list, I would love that people that are getting fed up with BBs had something nice to go too, instead of Android. That way we could all get a Focus S or a Titan or Nokia's WP7.

Guess I'll need to import my next WP7, too, which WILL be Nokia's next high-end. That means I hope it's on AT&T so I can get the proper bands.

My Focus just can't compare signal-wise, though the camera is almost as good as Nokia's best, in my opinion. However, it does have many good things over my previous Nokia phones.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Not upgrading until they increase the resolution. The focus is fast enough and the screen is the same as the focus s (except for overhyped superamoled plus)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss