Question about unlocked Focus

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey I did a search but could not find anything. My partner has an unlocked Focus (using prepaid) but when he recieved it, it didn't have NoDo on it and was asking for permission to update. What I'm wondering is will updating the phone erase the unlock? Just hesitant to update the phone so I will not lose the unlock because the phone will be useless to him (unless we go another route) without it

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
it shouldn’t if he got it done legitimately.

i know that on Iphone if its not done by the carrier or Apple ... when you update it resets it back to being LOCK.

but i dont remember ever seeing any one mention this with wp7 so i think your safe!

no harm in trying, wosrt case , he has to pay 20$ to get it back.. meh

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well ive been doing more research on this...

the only thing i can really see going wrong .. is if the update gets an ERROR and the phone has to be flashed and rebooted by zune.... then it might re-lock it , but i doubt its gona happen...

I would say go for it. Either way hes gona need to update is OS at some point or an other.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey I did a search but could not find anything. My partner has an unlocked Focus (using prepaid) but when he recieved it, it didn't have NoDo on it and was asking for permission to update. What I'm wondering is will updating the phone erase the unlock? Just hesitant to update the phone so I will not lose the unlock because the phone will be useless to him (unless we go another route) without it

Nope.. Feel free to update :)

The Samsung Focus is unlocked with a code the original owner typed in. It is NOT undone by software updates.
Have fun with Nodo and Mango :)

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
well ive been doing more research on this...

the only thing i can really see going wrong .. is if the update gets an ERROR and the phone has to be flashed and rebooted by zune.... then it might re-lock it , but i doubt its gona happen...

I would say go for it. Either way hes gona need to update is OS at some point or an other.

Nope, he's fine.. I did this with two different Focuses. Never lost the unlock. Once you type in that code (that At&t gives you, or bought online) you're golden.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope, he's fine.. I did this with two different Focuses. Never lost the unlock. Once you type in that code (that At&t gives you, or bought online) you're golden.

i was just a little skeptical cause ive seen this happen on Iphone and Android phones , when updates come out phone get re-locked.....

but yeah i wasn?t sure but like i been saying i don?t think it would re-lock it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs