Focus Takes Long Time to Charge

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Normal? Seems like it takes forever. iPhone took 30-40 mins, Focus seems to take hours.

If I do a lot of surfing using 3g, the battery drains pretty quick. Is a new battery in order?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well ... it shouldn’t take much more then 1hour to charge your focus....(using a AC charger not USB)

best way to see if u need a new battery : get it fully charged .... if you dont make it to launch time... you probly need a new one.

make sure you use a SAMSUNG charger and not a motorola/BB/Lg ect... charger.... some times it makes a diffrents.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine only seems to run down quickly when constantly using WiFi. I thought the battery life was a little short at first, but after the first time I ran it down to the point where I got a critically low battery warning and then charging it back to full it seems to last a bit longer for some reason. I typically get a full day of normal use when out and about. Haven't noticed that it takes an unusually long time to charge on AC, but when charging off my computer it seems to take FOREVER.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
water damage can do things to phones you cant even imagine!!!!

it possible it created a SHORT in the battery connecter causing it to get damaged.

i leave my phone all day on my USB charger and it doesn’t even get fully charged... ( i do play some games doh ) but AC charger gets it FULL battery even if im playing with in 2-3hours

Another way to see if your battery is damaged .. if the battery bubbles up a little.

next time u get watter ony our phone:

1.take battery out ASAP!!!!!!!<
2. get a hair dryer... when u feel your phone is about to MELT .. keep going an other 10min. ( it won’t melt ;) )
3.put it in a bag of rice for 3 dayz (this absorbs the humidity )
4. you can try to open your phone and clean the Electronics with RUBING ALCHOHOLE!! ONLY no other liquid..!!!! (I use a old toothbrush)
5. hope it works after all that.

all this will basically help to prevent corrosion , and in return damage to the phone.

Last edited:

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Brown or white? Wild rice? ;-) Did the rice "soak" with a submerged iPod and it fixed it right up.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been treated with the utmost care and seriously takes forever to charge too. I guess I am spoiled coming from a Blackberry that lasted a few days on one charge and took 45 minutes to charge from dead to full.

My Focus barely gets me through the day and literally takes a few hours to charge to full. It's just something I have come to accept.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I also, usually, only have to charge at night. For more active days, -or if I can't find an outlet, or I simply forget to charge, I have two cheap backup batteries that I keep charged and handy to keep me running until the following night. :)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't use those cheap batteries unless they're official Samsung ones. I've seen some bad things in my industry with those wack batteries.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Don't use those cheap batteries unless they're official Samsung ones. I've seen some bad things in my industry with those wack batteries.

That's a valid point. I remember seeing some Treo's getting destroyed over at Treo Central with some no-name ebay batteries.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't use "wack" or "no-name ebay" batteries, guys. But I've always used cheap named ones from Amazon. ;) Over the years, I've had just as much of a problem with faulty OEM batteries. BTW, as we type, there's a (supposedly) Samsung battery advertised at Amazon as "by Samsung" for $2.57 + 4.99 shipping. That's a cheap fancy-named one, though it may still be a "wacky" one.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My Focus is a bit slow too.. 2-3 hours from AC outlet.. Oh well, I charge while I sleep.

a couple of weeks ago there was an update available for windows phone 7 usb driver and another update as well which more than a few people reported significantly increased battery recharge speed you have to hae your device plugged into your computer and do to windows update it will find it if you havent already updated.I think their was an article here or on another forum with windows phone news.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05