[Q] skydrive sharing videos mango

grey1988

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to share uploaded videos from my phone to skydrive. I can get it to upload. it uploads to my mobile uploads folder but when i try to get a link to share only pictures in that folder show up and not videos. Does anyone know if this is possible or if I am doing something wrong? How else can we share videos that are too large to email from our phones. I can't even get a file or picture to show up in skydrive shared folder.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just create a folder and make sure it's permissions are set to 'Everyone Public' instead of just 'Me' i think grey1988.

(Link to video removed as it could be publicly accessed ok)

Click on the details view icon on Skydrive, then go to sharing and edit permissions and change it to Everyone Public. Hopefully that'll work.

Last edited:

grey1988

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
did you upload the video directly from your phone? that is the issue i have. It uploads to a folder called mobile uploads and you can only share picture in that folder.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
did you upload the video directly from your phone? that is the issue i have. It uploads to a folder called mobile uploads and you can only share picture in that folder.
No i didn't use the phone, after i recorded it i synced it with the desktop Zune and uploaded it on the PC.

I'll try using the phone in a few minutes and see how i get on. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
how else can you share a video from this phone if it will not let you email it because it is too big?
With Mango you can upload your videos to straight to facebook no problem, but i no longer have Mango so would have to use Zune on the PC i think to get it into SkyDrive or Facebook.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
SkyDrive has various permissions, for a few friends, one friend (enter their email address) or everyone to access your shared folder.

It's a feature I don't use so i'm not really an expert on it i'm afraid grey1988.

Hopefully someone will be along soon to assist you more than I can.

You could always just create a SkyDrive folder for a single person and only share it with them.

I can't remember what the Mango options are to upload to SkyDrive but i definately have used the upload video to Facebook option.

grey1988

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
yes i did create separate folders for 1 person etc. Only issue is there is no way to upload to that specfic folder from your phone. it uploads it to the mobile uploads folder which people can only see pictures if the get a link to that folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea