The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I thought this was going to be taken care if with the USB update.
    09-24-2011 07:33 PM
    Not yet. I am going to boot to Linux and see if I can see it.

Addendum: Linux sees it if I probe for it, but I can't open it. It's just listed as a Microsoft USB device.
    Last edited by palandri; 09-24-2011 at 09:43 PM.
    09-24-2011 09:10 PM
    can you click ont he microsoft device in the device drivers? mine had a yellow exclamation mark, i think. if you can look and see if there are any error codes? mine had an error code: 43 that means that the hardware was hosed and i had to get a new phone. now i am back to preNoDo and missing it something fierce.
    10-13-2011 08:13 PM
    can you click ont he microsoft device in the device drivers? mine had a yellow exclamation mark, i think. if you can look and see if there are any error codes? mine had an error code: 43 that means that the hardware was hosed and i had to get a new phone. now i am back to preNoDo and missing it something fierce.
    Try connecting your phone to the PC and running Zune and try doing a windows update.

I done this a while back and windows update did install 2 WP7 updates for me. (WP7 USB device i think it was)

Make sure your phone is connected to Zune and it's still open while attempting the Windows update.

Worth a try. :)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 10-14-2011 at 04:46 AM.
    10-14-2011 04:41 AM
    My phone is not being recognized by my computer (which is Windows 7 64 bit). It's not even recognized by Zune. I had various options and it still shows yellow icon in the device manager and shows the error code as 10. any suggestions please?
    12-20-2011 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD