Samsung Focus S Photo

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
wow i cant wait!!

it sorta has a Iphone 3gs look to it doh :S ... with the metal edges

hopefully the S-AMOLED+ will make up for it...

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, don't see much of a reason to upgrade from a regular Focus. I guess the bigger screen helps.

I've learned that Capacitive buttons are really annoying, hopefully Nokia comes out with a phone with hardware keys

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, don't see much of a reason to upgrade from a regular Focus. I guess the bigger screen helps.

I've learned that Capacitive buttons are really annoying, hopefully Nokia comes out with a phone with hardware keys

i can give you 6 reasons to upgrade....

- S-amoled PLUS ( and not just a S-amoled)
- FFC ( all the people saying they wanted that useless junk better not complain )
- Better and bigger processors (1400 MHz)
- Bigger screen by .3''
- 8MP camera replacing the 5MP ( so many people complaining about the cameras)
- Accelerometer.....

I actually like the *Captive buttons on the FOCUS* compare to he actual BIG ugly Sloppy buttons on the LG Optimums... *yack*
Id rather have captive then buttons that get sticky if your kid touches your phone once….with his sticky fingers.. lol

all u have to do is, NOT touch the captive buttons when in a app or learn to hold your phone properly and you`ll be fine :)

Last edited:

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have no interest in a device any bigger than the current Focus --but, one of the three factors that sold me on the Focus was the industry-leading low SAR ratings of .55 and .75. I know that most don't care about this, but has anyone seen whether Samsung has been able to maintain the low ratings on the new phone(s)? Thanks.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
i can give you 6 reasons to upgrade....

- S-amoled PLUS ( and not just a S-amoled)
- FFC ( all the people saying they wanted that useless junk better not complain )
- Better and bigger processors (1400 MHz)
- Bigger screen by .3''
- 8MP camera replacing the 5MP ( so many people complaining about the cameras)
- Accelerometer.....

I actually like the *Captive buttons on the FOCUS* compare to he actual BIG ugly Sloppy buttons on the LG Optimums... *yack*
Id rather have captive then buttons that get sticky if your kid touches your phone once?.with his sticky fingers.. lol

all u have to do is, NOT touch the captive buttons when in a app or learn to hold your phone properly and you`ll be fine :)

Personally the only thing that would matter would be the slightly bigger screen and the better display. But honestly for me not that big of a difference than my regular Focus.

I also think physical buttons can be done well. Anyway I'll be waiting on Nokia's announcement. I could easily see myself using my Focus for another year if need be. It's that great of a phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well i could see my self Upgrading tot he FOCUS S .... BUT i would never DOWNGRADE to the OMNIA W lol (booo) i know actual button can be done right .. but the sexy button less captive is just so much more appealing to the eye. (for me any ways :p )

im surprise at the Omnia W ... its exactly like the FOCUS ... but with a smaller screen...

you wanted it , you bagged for it and you guys got it!!! they are officially flooding the market with crappy phones like android/google are doing.. LOL ;)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not at all surprised by the Ominia W. It makes perfect sense to me because it will probably do well in lower income areas and markets in developing countries where a more expensive handset would have minimal penetration. Samsung is in business to try and sell phones to everyone, not just us spoiled American consumers. ;)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
well i could see my self Upgrading tot he FOCUS S .... BUT i would never DOWNGRADE to the OMNIA W lol (booo) i know actual button can be done right .. but the sexy button less captive is just so much more appealing to the eye. (for me any ways :p )

im surprise at the Omnia W ... its exactly like the FOCUS ... but with a smaller screen...

you wanted it , you bagged for it and you guys got it!!! they are officially flooding the market with crappy phones like android/google are doing.. LOL ;)

Windows Phone was always planning for there to be low end phones and mid range phones and high end phones. The W is a mid range phone the Nokias will be all three windows phone wont gain market traction quickly by putting out high end phones only in the aftermath of a world wide financial crisis that is still going on in Europe and which if it continues will drag all economies down.

If hyout want a lowere end phone in the midlle or bottom dont buy it but please dongt put down WP for wanting to get more inexpensive out gain more converts not everybody wants to cough up higher prices even with a two year contract when some phones with really decent features can be had for free or less than half what the high end phones are priced!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone was always planning for there to be low end phones and mid range phones and high end phones. The W is a mid range phone the Nokias will be all three windows phone wont gain market traction quickly by putting out high end phones only in the aftermath of a world wide financial crisis that is still going on in Europe and which if it continues will drag all economies down.

If hyout want a lowere end phone in the midlle or bottom dont buy it but please dongt put down WP for wanting to get more inexpensive out gain more converts not everybody wants to cough up higher prices even with a two year contract when some phones with really decent features can be had for free or less than half what the high end phones are priced!

Well said. I definitely fall into that category you referred to in the last sentence, which is why I'm perfectly content with last year's Focus for the time being.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

ok...

i wasnt bashing WP.. lol im probly a bigger fan then most of you. lol

i think its great that they realse low end phones ...

just ref to 99% ( i guess ur in the 1% ) of people saying that WP would never take off cause they ditn have enought /low end phones ...

and i said early,, here they are!!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
For the price and compared to the specs of other operating systems, but against other windows phone devices, it's high end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes