No Mango for Focus r1.3 today??

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just checked the "Where's my phone update?" page and in the note at the bottom for AT&T it says "**Applies to HTC Surround, LG Quantum, and Samsung Focus v. 1.4 only". The leaked info that WPC was reporting (AT&T begins Mango update program September 27th. Full details. | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews) said that the update would come to 1.3 first and then 1.4 by the end of October. What the heck happened here?!?

Windows Phone US Update Schedule | Mobile Software Updates | Windows Phone 7

Edit: False alarm. I just need to learn how to read more closely. Mods please delete before I give someone else a heart attack.

Last edited:

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You're looking at the 7392 update. Focus owners with 1.3 didn't get that one. The mango column makes no mention of Focus revs.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No, it says, "The Samsung team came back an provided this information about WINDOWS 7.5 for the Samsung Focus devices.

rev 1.3(Micron): Windows 7.5 update will be available through Zune on 9/27.

rev 1.4(LSI) : Update has not entered the AT&T SPE lab yet; however, Samsung is targeting for 10/17 lab entry and 10/31 TA"

Sent from my Focus using Board Express

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
No, it says, "The Samsung team came back an provided this information about WINDOWS 7.5 for the Samsung Focus devices.

rev 1.3(Micron): Windows 7.5 update will be available through Zune on 9/27.

rev 1.4(LSI) : Update has not entered the AT&T SPE lab yet; however, Samsung is targeting for 10/17 lab entry and 10/31 TA"

Sent from my Focus using Board Express

Yes, I know. What I was saying (erroneously, apparently) was that the article and the update page said two different things. Turns out I misread the update page.... :p

minibeardeath

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone had any luck actually updating their Focus v1.3? Im not getting anywhere trying to update mine even though AT&T customer support says I should be able to get the update.

Edit: I got it working using the article on the front page.

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I came home and didn't have the update. I ended up forcing it. Got it on the first try after half reading the article. It was actually pretty easy to do. The way I see it... worst case scenerio I miss a firmware update until Apollo. Oh well.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I connected a 1.3 Focus more than an hour ago and got the update pop-up for 7392. It is crawling through "creating a backup" ahead of the install. There was no reference to a Zune update. Is the Mango update likely to follow the 7392 install? What about the Zune update, or might that be for 4.8 which I've had for weeks? Thanks.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone get an update (forced or not) on 1.4?!?! My wife took hers to Walmart with her... Damnit I want to try and get her an update...

My new Omnia 7 comes tomorrow :) Looks like I'll get to install Mango as soon as I open the box! Wahooooo!

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
"Successful Update" here too! The "7.5" Mango install did follow immediately and took about 30 minutes. It actually comes in two installments, neither actually "7.5" -although the text on the install window does refer to "hundreds of improvements" and says something like "what is known in the market as 7.5." Best to the rest of you.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I connected a 1.3 Focus more than an hour ago and got the update pop-up for 7392. It is crawling through "creating a backup" ahead of the install. There was no reference to a Zune update. Is the Mango update likely to follow the 7392 install? What about the Zune update, or might that be for 4.8 which I've had for weeks? Thanks.

The Zune update was the 4.8 I did the force and it crawled through the 7720 seemed interminable on step 8 and 9 others have reported drag on 7. I kinda got worried a few times but was glad it went through! Hope you got through finally Rodolfo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo