7392 failed with error 80180048

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I forced the upgrade on my Samsung Focus (1.3 I believe). The first update it tried to do was 7392, which failed with an error code of 80180048.

Anyone else see this?

NSH

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I had walshied my phone to nodo before and had already ran the 'fix' months ago.
Received the same error as you while trying to update (It attempts 3792).

I have re-ran the walsh fix, uninstalled/reinstalled Zune but so far nothing is working.

Edit: Just tried it again. Failed.

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem here, tried Hard Reset, Walsh fix, nothing seems to work (girlfriend got the update message and updated just fine, we are both on Focus v1.3) anyone have any ideas to try?

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am almost sure, but I don't actually remember, I am usually very good about removing all languages, I read on another forum that someone tried the Walsh tool and it didnt work then they reran it with all languages selected and it worked and I tried it and it worked, I don't know what the harm is though if you select languages you didnt have so use at your own risk?

NSH

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Mango beta 2: error 80180048 - App Hub Forums

Look for a post from Rafael R.

Looks like you can use a V3 version of the Walsh tool to fix the issue (Read his instructions) or rerun the tool selecting the language packs.

While I only had English checked other languages were present (and selectable) on the device. Picked the correct languages on the walsh tool and ran his 'fix'

I didn't run the V3 tool so I can't attest if it works or not. Rerunning Walsh Tool V2 did and selecting all the language packs shown on my device under keyboard did resolve the issue and I now have 7392 installed!

Thanks Moirane as you directed me toward the right solution!!!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I got the Walshed phone error for the 7392 update too. Even after running the de-walsh tool.

The directions are slightly confusing about selecting installed languages. When it says all installed languages which means everything listed under keyboard. I didn't get that the first couple of times I ran it and based on what I've read I'm not the only one. One more screen shot on the tool's page would have saved me a lot of confusion.

edm4life

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I forced the upgrade on my Samsung Focus (1.3 I believe). The first update it tried to do was 7392, which failed with an error code of 80180048.

use the walsh fix. You may have used it before but you may have done it wrong.
download and install support tools (if you dont have it installed already)
download and run walsh fix
both available here:
?€œWalshed?€? Phone Support Tool: official fix to get you back on track - Chris Walsh
select the languages shown on your phone under settings>keyboard
for me it was all languages but two
run it and you should be good

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos