Mango and still no VIDEO/MMS or VIDEO EMAIL or even VIDEO UPLOADING?

mburchardt

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded and have Mango on my Samsung Focus. Love it, mostly. Works great yada yada. HOWEVER, one of my biggest pet peeves, and honestly one of my only ones was that I could never send by email, mms, upload, etc a video from my phone? STILL with Mango now I thought that would be fixed. Instead I took a short 5 second video, and can't email, mms, nothing. What gives? Wasn't this supposed to be in MANGO?

dangermnky

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
multiple times?

Ok so I got the Mango update to force on my phone. But I can't seem to u/l videos, I am also noticing that my 'Me' tile doesn't give me the "this person commented on this" thing with the little numbers in the lower right cover. Did they remove that feature? Also If I got it to work and I try to force it again will it detect that there is another one? HELP PLEASE!!

Noidd

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I think what he means is that you still can't send a video via messaging. This is one of my gripes as well. Do I send alot of videos via text? No, however, I'd like the option in case I wanted to.

Please don't use the excuse "Well the iPhone didn't have it at first!"
Well this is 2011 and its pretty much standard in phones nowadays.

Yes, there are a lot of nice advanced features in Mango but the basics seem to stay lost on MS.

I love WP7 coming from both an Android and iOS phones, I still think the WP7 is a better OS.

dangermnky

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
No I meant I can't upload to facebook. I did a few updates to get to the mango build. I have the integrated mailbox, the voice to text, the groups, etc, but I still see no way to upload videos directly to facebook. When i click and hold on a video all i have is pin to start and delete? Any ideas?

Noidd

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
How I did it was just go to camera roll and press and hold on my video and after a bit it gave me share and then Facebook,email etc. However, the videos still don't show up when I want to create a new message and just use the attach feature.

I'm not sure why you aren't getting the share option....

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh i got share on mine, but i had someone with mango send me a video which is mp4 format because that is how it is saved and bam says i can't play it..having him test to see if he can play mine on his phone and ......... NO, he can't play the video that I took on my windows phone, that I can play on mine but he can't on his and vice versa the one he made on his phone which he can play on his phone, but I can't play on mine..that's odd!

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
A Mango install will show as "OS version: 7.10.7720.68" under Settings -> About -> <more info> button (not "7.5")

I installed Mango last night and just sent an attached pic from my Comcast account to my hotmail account without an issue using a standard method: I attached a pic by clicking the paperclip icon and selecting a stored pic I took a few days ago, sent it, and I viewed it by clicking on the .jpg filename in the opened hotmail message.

Not likely to be your problem, but make sure your phone is not connected to your computer; you cannot attach anything if it is, and you'll get an error message to that effect when you close the unsuccessful attachment message. (Unsuccessful defined as nothing happening when you press the paperclip.)

Edit: sorry -forgot to add that I also sent a just-shot 12-second video using the same method, but in the opposite direction -hotmail to comcast accounts. The comcast mail shows an uderlined "download X" -pressing it downloads and runs the mp4 file. Good luck with your efforts.

Last edited:

mburchardt

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't Work...

I share the same O.S. and build as you. When I make a 3-4 second video if I hold it down I get delete and pin to start. HOWEVER!!! I just found out, if I go into the CAMERA ROLL, and touch the little dots I can SHARE!!!!! YAY!. NO MMS but at least email now! That's a start!

:)

dangermnky

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah so i figured out that i was trying to upload from Zune rather than the camera roll. Once I figured that out it was easy. Thanks for the help guys!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel