Adding a new sd card

blackhawk556

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
MS never said mango would add SD support. Ive been running a 8 GB SD for about three months and everything had been great. I was worried mango might freak out but nope, everything is running well =)

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

lekhwani

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
it should!

Always check before you buy next time :)

Certified Windows Phone 7 microSD cards appear | WMPoweruser

to add SD card....

- Do a hard reset
-take battery out
-put card in
-turn phone on
-do hard reset again
- should work.

Thanks for the reply. But I am a bit confused as my sd card is class 4. But in the link you provided, the shown sd card is class 2 ( sdsdq-016g-a11m).

I read somewhere a person put in his sd card other than the certified ones. Initially it worked ok. But gradually his phone's performance began deteriorating.
So he did a hard reset and to his surprise his phone showed only 15 MB of total memory. And zune failed to recognize his phone as well. And then he went for a replacement warranty.

But I have an AT&T unlocked focus here in India. And I don't have any warranty.

So what do you suggest? Will class 4 work without any problems?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well i see allot of people saying they have 32G SD class 4 and it works.

i never saw someone saying a class 4 wreck the Phone.

i know if u dont follow the steps it can damage your phone doh.. maybe it was a isolated incident with him.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
There are a number of cards that are tested by users, but MS still has not released certified card lists. The cards class really does not have much to do with it. You can have a class 4 from SanDisk work but a class for Kingston not..

Just do the research and make sure people have tried the combo before. Also, for me the steps where much similar. Just did a quick format in windows, turned of the phone, put in the card, and did a hard reset.

c0dezer0

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How to do hard reset?

what is difference between reset (which is under setting -> about) and Hard reset (which is you are suggesting above.)

Thanks,

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
mango didn't fix any of those issues?
The Focus is the only WP device with an SD card designed to be replaced, and frankly Samsung did a piss poor job on implementing that feature. So Microsoft and Mango have nothing to do with it. Would be like me *****ing to Microsoft if my Surround speaker stopped working (sounds great btw).

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb