Phone version 1.3 or 1.4

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between the 1.3 and 1.4 versions? Any reason why I would prefer one over the other, and what is the version currently in stores right now?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
you probly would get 1.4 if you went to the store today ( unless they have 1,3 left in stock )

1.3 had software or hardware problems related to the update ( when nodo came out )

they are basically the same phone, nothing that would make a different.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
you probly would get 1.4 if you went to the store today ( unless they have 1,3 left in stock )

1.3 had software or hardware problems related to the update ( when nodo came out )

they are basically the same phone, nothing that would make a different.

I thought it was 1.4 that had the problems and thus got NoDo much later than 1.3?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
to be honest im not sure ,

all i know is that people should not worry about having 1.3 or 1.4 .... doesn’t change anything for the actual use of the phone.

but dint 1.4 come out AFTER NODO was released? because they had problems with 1.3 lol i dunno w/e

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
no what caused 1.4 is they ran out of the micron sys tem on chip (soc) because they did not stockpile enough and demand increased they had to substitute another companies soc chips and there were compatibility issues between the firmware for 1.34 and 1.4 hence the split in treatment!

mjrshred

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
How can i tell which version i have? It's only a few months old so I assume v1.4 but i cheked in the settings and i can find the phone version.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
here you go Mjrshred :)

first things first. WELCOME :D hehe

I used this(got it from XDA):

In Diagnosis (##634# in Dialer), enter *#32489#
press Back button on the screen 4 times (lower right)
until you see:
1. debug screen
2. version information
here, type 2 (version information)
after, select 2 (HW VERSION)
after, select 1 (READ HW VERSION)

mjrshred

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That's really odd because in Diagnosis Ver .1122 its just a regular dialer pad. no words, back buttons, etc. Just 1-9, * and #.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
##634# in Dialer

once that is done it takes you the the other pages.. (witch looks liek a dialer)

type in this: *#32489#

then it should take your to a THIRD page. where your gona see the back button

if that doesnt work , then i dunno , i just did it on my Phone and it worked. (mango)

mjrshred

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
ok, FINALLY figured it out and it says i have version REV1.3.

Now, why can't i get my phone to update? I have ATT and I tried to update as i should. I hook up to the computer with the USB. Open zune software Settings>phone. update. and it tells me my phone is up to date. Should i reset my phone and start over with the updates?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ok, FINALLY figured it out and it says i have version REV1.3.

Now, why can't i get my phone to update? I have ATT and I tried to update as i should. I hook up to the computer with the USB. Open zune software Settings>phone. update. and it tells me my phone is up to date. Should i reset my phone and start over with the updates?

yyou don?t have MANGO yet?? your probly at the end of the Update Queue so let?s FORCE the update for you :)

( but your gona need to hit the thank you button ok? lol )

go into your phone setting and do this:

Cellphone --> turn OFF data
Updates --> Turn OFF automatic Update.

Now.

- Open Zune on your PC
- connect your Phone to your PC
- Go to the UPDATE PAGE
- the SECOND you click on the Update page count to 3
( 1 steam boat , 2 steam boat 3 steam boat..)

- once you get to 3 ( turn off internet on PC (wifi) , or pull the Ethernet wire out
- Zune should tell you UPDATE AVAILABLE ( if this doesn?t work try it again, took me 4 tries)
-re-connect your internet
-Download and install mango :)

you might have 2 updates to download. once you see OS Version: 7.10.7720.68 your done.

mjrshred

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Thank you very much for the help. I read on another forum that i would probably have to "pull" my update. I will try this when i get home, I have to head off to work and unfortunately my work CPU is so old I wouldn't even want to try to run the zune software on it. Thanks for the patience and the walk through. I'll be sure to check in later!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So this forced update will be the same thing as regular update? i shouldn't have any future issues hopefully? lol

the forced update is gona be the right one , we confirmed that all RTM and OEM updates where included.

this basically force you to jump ahead of the QUEUE

MS limited the roll out to a % of clients to prevent system crash and overflow. So it 100% the REAL update for YOUR phone and YOUR carrier

No worry 

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
yyou don?t have MANGO yet?? your probly at the end of the Update Queue so let?s FORCE the update for you :)

( but your gona need to hit the thank you button ok? lol )

go into your phone setting and do this:

Cellphone --> turn OFF data
Updates --> Turn OFF automatic Update.

Now.

- Open Zune on your PC
- connect your Phone to your PC
- Go to the UPDATE PAGE
- the SECOND you click on the Update page count to 3
( 1 steam boat , 2 steam boat 3 steam boat..)

- once you get to 3 ( turn off internet on PC (wifi) , or pull the Ethernet wire out
- Zune should tell you UPDATE AVAILABLE ( if this doesn?t work try it again, took me 4 tries)
-re-connect your internet
-Download and install mango :)

you might have 2 updates to download. once you see OS Version: 7.10.7720.68 your done.

Will this work for HD7S?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb