Apps alphabet?

Acer904

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have a focus on mango. My apps list has the letters that you can click on to pull up the alphabet to jump to a different part of the list like in the people hub. Hers doesn't have letters...why not?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Because she probably has less than 40+ apps installed Acer904

The alphabet tiles don't appear if you have less than this number. :)

There won't be anything wrong, just tell her to hurry up and install some more apps. ;) LOL

Then the alphabet tiles will automagically appear!

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
How sure are we about this number? I have nowhere near that number off apps yet I have the alphabet dialler. I had read the number was smaller. My boss saw me use this on my phone and asked how he could turn it on he has 38 I have much less probably 20.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe it also counts games, even though they are not in your apps list. I was trying to hover just below the mark for the alphabet list (I honestly don't care for it), but finally gave up because I couldn't figure out any more apps in my list to delete. I think it was because my games list kept getting larger and larger while my apps list kept getting shorter and shorter. Just my hypothesis.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
It is certainly one of those mystery features, I only noticed it once my phone upgraded to 7.5 although I am told it has always been in existence.

I really would like to understand what triggers it though. I definately prefer their than not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss