Mango for 1.4??

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone heard anything on the timeline for the mango update for the Focus 1.4? i thought i read that the 1.4v would be ready by the end of October but haven't heard anything yet. Really want to try the new software out.

tehapoc

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've tweeted AT&T, Samsung Focus, Windows Phone support and several other sources several time and haven't gotten a response in regard to when the Focus v1.4 will get it's update.

The time frame they gave us a little over a month ago was "the end of October", but it looks like it it could be longer than that.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
When the rollout began I thought I read that the 1.4 was still in testing and won't be ready til around mid Nov. Please dont quote me and take this with a huge grain of salt. I'll see if I can dig up some articles for my 1.4 brothers.

EnochRootI

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Mango for Focus 1.4

Got my Mango upgrade yesterday (AT&T). Took about 90 minutes to download and install. Works fine, but the theme colors changed! Lime used to be the Xbox color; now it's kind of yellowish, weak and sickly. Green is now very blue-green.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting more and more annoyed with WP the longer it takes to get my focus on Mango. It wouldn't be thaaat bad if MS didn't shut down all updates for r1.4. My wife's focus is stuck on 7004 and can't even update to NoDo!

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife's focus is stuck on 7004 and can't even update to NoDo!

When did they shut down all updates? Had not heard about this I'm genuinely curious because my wife has a 1.4 as well and hers updated to NoDo the day she got it about a month ago.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And please remember who created the Focus v1.4 problem. One guess, and it does not start with M. Keep that in mind when you choose your next phone. I will.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Mango is alredy realsed for all phones..

if you dotn have it yet .

first , no problems with R1.4 , the problems was with R1.3 , and it was a ****ed up by Samsung , not MS.

- you might still be in the queue.
- make sure ZUNE is updated
- check again for update.

- why havent you just forced it yet?

tehapoc

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mango is alredy realsed for all phones..

if you dotn have it yet .

first , no problems with R1.4 , the problems was with R1.3 , and it was a ****ed up by Samsung , not MS.

- you might still be in the queue.
- make sure ZUNE is updated
- check again for update.

- why havent you just forced it yet?

Somewhat hard to force an update that's not even out of it's test phase.

tehapoc

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
so why does my r1.3 and my g-f r1.4 both have mango if its not out of test phase?

oh maybe because your carriers SUCKS in the USA. lol

Could be. The fact that you're in Canada would explain why you would have the update prior to those in the States.

Edit: And that's it exactly. All Canadian Windows Phones should have the Mango update. Dell Venue and Samsung Focus (v1.4) in the States don't have the Mango yet.

softdrinkviking

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
so why does my r1.3 and my g-f r1.4 both have mango if its not out of test phase?

You can't use an "S" on the end of "carrier" AND "suck" in this sentence.

It should be "your carrier sucks..." or "your carriers suck."

I understand it's a pretty weird grammar rule, i lived overseas, so i understand how hard that can be for non-english speakers, but FYI.

tehapoc

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You can't use an "S" on the end of "carrier" AND "suck" in this sentence.

It should be "your carrier sucks..." or "your carriers suck."

I understand it's a pretty weird grammar rule, i lived overseas, so i understand how hard that can be for non-english speakers, but FYI.

Considering he's from Quebec, I would assume that English isn't his first and primary language. I've been told that Canada is a pretty backwards place.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lol Canada being a backwards place? what does that mean???

the freaking French dictionary has more English words in it then the English dictionary LOL ( not really but you know )

Week-end , parking lot .. are now considered French words in France (Europe) ... and we have problems? Haha ;)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

aside from a) that your grammar is so so and b) you live in Canada what gives you the right to diss an American carrier that yoiu probably dont have any experience in dealing with on an everyday basis everywhere or anywhere in the US except for maybe large cities where there are building challenges and overload on bandwidth due to idevices. I have been on Cingular and ATT for over a decade without any major issues and I have no desire to be on any other carrier!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Well the fact that AT&T haven’t rolled out the update yet ..... that what gives me the right .. FACTS! haha

- Bandwidth and building challenges have nothing to do with AT&T not rolling out the update.

- if At&T doesn’t add Antenna Ports in major cities that there problem, the reception and drop calls will continue. I dunno why you think blaming Idevices backs up your facts cause it has nothing to do with apple ether.

and i do have experience with he Americans company , first i work for one. second i have a duel citizenship for US .. so you can do the math and relies i must of lived there? lol...

and my grammar might suck, but i was never good at it and the fact that i speak 4 languages kind of ****s me up in my spelling.

tehapoc

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Well the fact that AT&T haven’t rolled out the update yet ..... that what gives me the right .. FACTS! haha

- Bandwidth and building challenges have nothing to do with AT&T not rolling out the update.

- if At&T doesn’t add Antenna Ports in major cities that there problem, the reception and drop calls will continue. I dunno why you think blaming Idevices backs up your facts cause it has nothing to do with apple ether.

and i do have experience with he Americans company , first i work for one. second i have a duel citizenship for US .. so you can do the math and relies i must of lived there? lol...

and my grammar might suck, but i was never good at it and the fact that i speak 4 languages kind of ****s me up in my spelling.

Congratulations.

How is this relevant to our situation?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations.

How is this relevant to our situation?

Congratulation you can’t relies i was answering another post....

you guys ever read? or do you only ask question and hope people find the answers for you..

update to roll out early to mid November.

Last edited:

otaku83

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I am seriously pissed at Samsung and Microsoft. I bought my Focus after the issues surrounding updates had already been brought to Microsoft's attention, but I never saw or heard anything about the issue until I had purchased my phone and went to update it. No notice was given when I bought the phone about issues, they just kept rolling them out, and I (and plenty of other people) have had to sit around and wait forever on MS and Samsung and AT&T while everyone else gets the NoDo and Mango updates...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99