Still no Mango love

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
What's with the 1.4/1.5 (or 1.3?) thing issue all about? (Never had a Samsung before)

All Microsoft has admitted is that the 1.4 hardware revision of the Foci (sounds like a good plural word for Focus) use a internal memory chip from a different supplier. Why that would make NoDo take ~4 months longer to get to those systems, and so far > 1 month for Mango; nobody has a clue or been answered.

They also claim it is a smaller minority; but judging from the comments of various websites, it is not a tiny minority. Technically 49.9% of people can be classified as a minority, so nobody really has any clue how many people are effected.

But the biggest problem is, the lack of real information and openness from Microsoft about the whole situation. There were many people who could have swapped their 1.4s for 1.3s around NoDo update, but did not deal with that hassle because Microsoft said it would be fixed soon and would not be an issue with Mango.......

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My GF is waiting on her Mango. I told her back in June that odds are I'm going to get Mango before her (I just got a Focus S.)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My guess, and just a guess, is that they could probably update every 1.4 Focus to Mango with a hard reset, but they are trying to work around that. Hence the delay. Maybe they could do a " bring you phone to the store" like they did somewhere in Asia recently, and have reps hard reset and update the phones.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ktrahan75

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
i have already forgotten about mango!

1.4 Focus victim here also. Did alot of research prior and had I known upgrading to mango would have been delayed, I would have choosen something else. Not good when all the new phones have the current mango and they can't even update the one's in service. I'm tired of reading mango can do this, mango can do that, mango, mango, mango. I for one will not be going down this road again, thanks ATT/Microsoft. By the time I get the update, the next one will be coming down the pipe.

alxclrk

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if Microsoft is really to blame here. Samsung are the people who decided to go with different parts for second half of the Fouci push. The word is, that the update is ready for v1.4 but ATT is the one blocking the roll out. Yeah, it is not fair that you all don't have Mango yet, but still, I would not be blaming Microsoft for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium