Got my FOCUS

alxclrk

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Samsung Focus (v1.3) in the mail. Wow. It is an amazing device and WP and WP7.5 is such an amazing user experience. This sounds weird but it is somewhat soothing to use it. I love the UI. Loading it up with apps and what not now, but so far I am very impressed.

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Same!

Same here. Well - I haven't gotten it yet, but I got the thing on eBay. Brand spanking new, off contract. Here's hoping it all works out when I get it. Can't wait to try it out. I'm coming from an iPhone, so I'm extremely excited for a change.

alxclrk

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Well - I haven't gotten it yet, but I got the thing on eBay. Brand spanking new, off contract. Here's hoping it all works out when I get it. Can't wait to try it out. I'm coming from an iPhone, so I'm extremely excited for a change.

I was coming from an iPhone/Pre 2. SO much better. The new iOS5 really ticked me off. If I wanted an Android experience I would have bought Android. And WebOS is has fallen off real hard, especially for 2.1 devices.

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I was coming from an iPhone/Pre 2. SO much better. The new iOS5 really ticked me off. If I wanted an Android experience I would have bought Android. And WebOS is has fallen off real hard, especially for 2.1 devices.

Ha - funny that you mention that. I liked my iPhone, and definitely enjoyed the new notifications in iOS 5, but overall it didn't change enough to keep me around. I also use WebOS on my TouchPad (Firesale! Woo!), so I have a really similar experience to you.

Anyway, I can't wait to get my Focus...just waiting for the stupid PayPal to go through. I'm trying to be patient. Hah.

alxclrk

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Ha - funny that you mention that. I liked my iPhone, and definitely enjoyed the new notifications in iOS 5, but overall it didn't change enough to keep me around. I also use WebOS on my TouchPad (Firesale! Woo!), so I have a really similar experience to you.

Anyway, I can't wait to get my Focus...just waiting for the stupid PayPal to go through. I'm trying to be patient. Hah.

I was just not a fan of the pull down notifications at all. I didn't mind the better notification system, but it was getting too cluttered for me. I got a fire-sale Touchpad too which i like a lot. There is still good home-brew activity on that. The more I play with the Focus, the more I would not mind to have a Win8 tablet...if it is the same user experience.

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Ah - all your talk of the beauty of both the device and the user experience are getting me even more excited. I think I got a great deal on the phone, too, so it'll be pretty much the perfect situation once it arrives. Still grandfathered into unlimited data to top it all off.

Can't wait to try something new. I've had my iPhone for two years and knew I didn't want another one. It was a long debate between WP and Android, but obviously I chose WP for now. My contract ends in February, so I can reassess the new devices once the next generation starts getting pumped out.

I'd say the way everyone keeps talking about Apollo, I should be on board with WP for the long haul. Probably going to wait for the Apollo devices before I'm willing to get locked back into a contract again...

Alexclark - anything you miss from iOS that you haven't quite been able to replace on WP?

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You didn't ask me, but... :p

The biggest remaining holes for me as a former iOS user are no Wells Fargo and Southwest Airlines apps. Indispensable while traveling. I'm a year removed from full time iOS use, and using my wife's seems weird and like a step back (fyi - Apple is planning a major UI change for next year).

As far as choosing Mango vs. Android, despite posting this w/Android on a tablet form factor, the experience doesn't come close to that on my Focus. Congrats on a great choice, guys. I'm as enthusiastic about mine as when I got it a year ago.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

alxclrk

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Ah - all your talk of the beauty of both the device and the user experience are getting me even more excited. I think I got a great deal on the phone, too, so it'll be pretty much the perfect situation once it arrives. Still grandfathered into unlimited data to top it all off.

Can't wait to try something new. I've had my iPhone for two years and knew I didn't want another one. It was a long debate between WP and Android, but obviously I chose WP for now. My contract ends in February, so I can reassess the new devices once the next generation starts getting pumped out.

I'd say the way everyone keeps talking about Apollo, I should be on board with WP for the long haul. Probably going to wait for the Apollo devices before I'm willing to get locked back into a contract again...

Alexclark - anything you miss from iOS that you haven't quite been able to replace on WP?

I love my Pandora Radio, which is missing right now for WP7. Strangely I miss iTunes, I just haven't gotten used to Zune yet. Thats really all I can think of though.

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I just went out and bought one from a guy that had his ad posted on Craigslist. So far in loving how smooth this phone is. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6