major problem with focus?

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
When i listen to music on my focus, the lowest volume setting is still really loud(when using ear buds). I thought mango would fix this problem. I have a 1.4 and I got mango yesterday, but it is still the same.

Does anyone know how the volume can be decreased even more?

Do you find this problem irritating?

Last edited:

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't irritate me at all; but we all have different listening habits and preferences -not to mention music. You're right though: the lowest setting isn't low enough, for instance, to lull me to sleep. I don't know of any way to actually attenuate the device volume further, but you could use on-ear vs. in-ear earphones to get less volume. I know that isn't a direct response, but if that is an option for you, it would definitely make a difference. The fidelity would not be comparable, but then at lower, and especially the lowest volume settings, you're missing much of the actual recorded content anyway. Maybe someone else can help with a beter idea or solution. ;)

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't irritate me at all; but we all have different listening habits and preferences -not to mention music. You're right though: the lowest setting isn't low enough, for instance, to lull me to sleep. I don't know of any way to actually attenuate the device volume further, but you could use on-ear vs. in-ear earphones to get less volume. I know that isn't a direct response, but if that is an option for you, it would definitely make a difference. The fidelity would not be comparable, but then at lower, and especially the lowest volume settings, you're missing much of the actual recorded content anyway. Maybe someone else can help with a beter idea or solution. ;)

Thanks for the response.

I have owned many mp3 players including an Ipod touch that I lost. The volume could go MUCH lower on those. There are certain situations I want to listen to music with low volume settings but I cannot do that with focus.

Infact, when I listen to music on my focus with the lowest volume, it still cancels out the noise around me. That's how loud it is.

Anyways, independent controls for music playback would be nice.(ex: slider) Unfortunately they aren't built-in to any of the WP music players. :(

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Many of us have had multiple players. No way that the Focus's lower volume settings are "really loud" or cancel out surrounding noise. You have a bad phone, a faulty contact, or bad earphones. Good luck getting a fix.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Many of us have had multiple players. No way that the Focus's lower volume settings are "really loud" or cancel out surrounding noise. You have a bad phone, a faulty contact, or bad earphones. Good luck getting a fix.

There is a major volume drop when going from 1 to 0. In other players, volume fades as you go lower. I do not have a defective phone. Read the first response.

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
In the case of listening to music as I'm trying to go to sleep, I started using some cheapie earbuds from KOSS.
I can't remember where I got them (either walmart or best buy), but they have an inline volume slider that works independently from the phone's volume control.
I can set the phone's volume at 1 and can drop the volume even further through the headphone control. Seems to work out adequately for me.
As far as fidelity is concerned, I could care less when trying to sleep, so I couldn't tell you how they handle that. I only have one gripe, getting the inline volume control means no microphone or other of the features that the stock earbuds have - which means I sometimes carry both earbuds when traveling, depending on my anticipated need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss