Virgin WP7 User

tank27

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just purchased a Focus on eBay and waiting for it to arrive. I currently have a iPhone4. is there anything I should be looking for or do before the phone gets here. I am trying this focus as a starter before I get a Titan. Are there any other WP7 phones coming that I should wait for before getting a Titan?

Im very excited. heard a lot of good things about WP7. old WP software sucks so I hope im plesantly suprised. I got an XBOX 360 for christmas for my kids and thats what had me looking into it and I have to say.. im more excited about this than I was when I got my first iPhone.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just got an XBox to tie in to my WP and experience the three screens. Good stuff.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Dont know if the Nokia handsets will be better or not yet because they haven't announced them. Should know next month after CES.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Jowiso

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the Titan is a pretty safe bet. Nearly every review seems to love it, and in the little time I've spent with it, it seems great.

Personally I picked up a Focus off contract. I want to wait for next generation hardware (or Apollo hardware) before being locked into a 2-year contract. To each their own, though! I think you'll be more than happy with the Titan if you decide WP7 is for you.

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have one already, get yourself a Windows Live account. It will ask you for it after you reset device (which you need to do after receipt). Oh and download a copy of Zune.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

tank27

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
OK.. got my focus and its a mixed bag so far. iOS just has you so tied into doing things a certain way it is just hard to get used to. few questions..

Is there a good tutorial on how to do things.. like close background apps and stuff

how do you close background apps btw. i have a yahoo messenger app running and even though i signed out it is still giving me messages

Also on my app list now i have letters above each set of apps and i want that to go away.

facebook apps suck balls

bing maps is good but tom tom is so much better that may be a deal breaker for me

any help would be appreciated

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Removing the aphabetical sorting takes a little work:
[Q] [Solved] How to remove alphabet sort on app list - xda-developers

I'm amazed you don't like the FB app. I hear from most people isn't the best of all the major platforms. I personally use the mobile web version only. It's perfect for me.

Not sure why you are getting messages still but you can go to:

settings > applications > background tasks

and see if you can kill it there.

I think some of your pain is just that WP7 is very different from what you are used too. Just give it a few days and you should be as happy as the rest of us here :) Most of us tried all the big OSes and like WP7 the most by far.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I choose to swap my Titan out for a Focus S, but the WP platform is freakin' awesome.

Welcome to WPC and congrats on your new device.

First thing is... ensure you have a Live ID and start writing down the apps you use most on iOS (iPhone) and start finding the same or alternative apps. Netflix? There is a Netflix app. Pandora? There are a few alternatives since Pandora does not have an official app yet. I actually like iHeartRadio and it works well.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
why the focus and not the titan?
The Titan just had some issues that I could not get around. Screen was huge which I love (thought 4.3 was my sweet spot, but HTC did it well).

The speaker was crap! This is normal of HTC. My friend has the LTE Vivid and he said the same about his.

The wifi signal being weak right next to my router!

Reception even w/ my MicroCell in the house was ridiculous.

Some aren't experiencing any of these issues, but I was comfortable w/ Samsung and have/love a lot of their products already. I prefer the colors on the Samsung though.

Titan had a lots more pros than cons, but those cons on my 30th days, I couldn't chance it and went with the Focus S. I ended up getting two $25 app cards because of it. So I paid $0 for the device and now have $50 to spend in apps.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
where is the baked in fb.. no idea what your taling about. i had to dl facebook from the marketplace
Ahhh... go to Settings >> email+accounts >> FaceBook

Then it'll show up in your People Hub. So when you take a picture, you can hit the menu key and select then "share on Facebook" option.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Crap... now to decide focus s v titan...lol

The Titan feels like it's one firmware revision away from being a fantastic phone. There are just a few bugs that need to get worked out. Overall it's a great phone but the muffled voice quality issue (common on HTC phones) was a deal breaker. I use my phone for work and people need to understand me..

I suspect it will get fixed soon though. I might go back to the Titan when it does get resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans