Frozen phone at Download Mode

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Last night I attempted to check -in at a venue with the Facebook app and it wouldn't open, I back paged and tried again but still just a blank, black screen. I tried again when I got home to open the FB app but was uncessesful. This morning I found my phone had the Facebook app open through the web browser along with various texts that were sent prior to turning in, I thought perhaps I should do a reboot to clean out the memory so I powered the phone down. It took much longer than usual to shut off, I waited a few minutes then powered it back on. At this point the orange splash screen never came up, the phone seem to hang up at the Samsung announcement. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and still stalled so I pulled the battery and tried to power it up again but it hung at the same point.

After about 20 minutes I tried to snyc it with no luck so with a sigh I did a 3 button factory reset, this produced a "Download Mode" and a warning to not power the phone off, that this will take about 10 minutes. Well, it's been an hour now and nothing has happened. I'm at a loss at what to do next. Anyone else have this problem?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
download mode is different from the 3 buton hard reset. I can't remember which combo it is, but while doing the 3 button combo holding the volume rocker either up or down in that combo will prodcue wither A) Download mode OR B) Hard Reset indicator. Try again and do the hard reset, if it goes past the Samsung frozen screen, you are most likely okay and just start using your phone again. I have had problems with the focus freezing ALOT, and I had mine fixed by samsung and ti still has random resets.

If reseting that way does not work, you probably have 2 options. First you can try to flash a fresh factory ROM onto the phone (the way more risky option). Second and way more safe is to call up Samsung and go through the process of them telling you to reset your phone and non-sense and you say that doesn't work etc... and they will fix it for free (don't remember if I paid shipping although it's probably not alot anyway).

Let me know if that works. Sorry about your phone, i have feeling a reset will fix the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre