The WiFi connection on my phone suddenly gets disconnected whenever I lock my phone's screen. Once its unlocked, it searches for connections and connects back again. This problem doesn't happen when the phone is charging. Any solution to this?
    01-09-2012 11:55 PM

Unfortunately not afifansari, this is just the way Wi-Fi currently works. Hopefully it'll be updated in future updates. Lots of moans about this.

Welcome along to WPCentral. :)
    01-10-2012 03:38 AM
    The WiFi connection on my phone suddenly gets disconnected whenever I lock my phone's screen. Once its unlocked, it searches for connections and connects back again. This problem doesn't happen when the phone is charging. Any solution to this?

Yeah it happens to all of us. If you're actively downloading something like a podcast the WiFi stays on under lock. But when it's done it turns off again. Problem with mango not the focus specifically
    01-10-2012 06:12 AM
    Also note that WiFi does appear to turn on every two hours (discovered in overnight, off charger tests) and sync email. Not great, but something. Might be nice if you could control the frequency of checks to preserve battery but improve functionality. Like, maybe every 30 minutes.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    01-10-2012 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD