HELP!!! Phone not working!

jmburke1982

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
About 20 minutes ago, my phone's lock button stopped working...it wouldn't work to lock the phone, and a long press would not even bring up the option to turn the phone off. I then did a battery pull to try to reset the phone and get everything going again. when I tried to power it back on, the startup "SAMSUNG" screen appeared, and then a battery symbol with a little yellow hazard triangle appeared, and then the phone shut off again. I plugged it into the charger, and the phone keeps cycling those two screens. When this all occurred, the phone was still at about a 75% charge. Any ideas?!

Last edited:

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Could be the battery shorted. You can take it into a decent ATT store and they should be able to put another battery in and see if it works fine.

It could also be a power button issues. My power button on my Focus broke (it was getting stuck and not always working) and it had to be replaced!

It could also be a short or damage in the charging cable to.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Trying a different battery as enahs555 said, would be the first step, but I think it maybe beyond that since your power button is not working correctly.

sklein382

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Same exact issues. Has anyone figured it out?

I don't really want to buy a new battery since I am planning on buying a Lumia 900 when it comes out, but if thats the only solution I guess I will have to suck it up.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
So... JB, in the last 2 weeks, did you follow enahs's advise to see if it may be a battery first?? If it was doing the same thing plugged in, it may not be a battery, or only a battery.

If it is, or even on a hunch, I'd go with your own suck-it-up advise and spend $7, which is what Samsung batts are down to at Amazon -unless you're counting on the 7 for the Lumia. You could have it tomorrow, but evidently there is no hurry. Good luck getting past this one. :)

sklein382

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on battery prices. I guess for that price I can afford to suck it up.

Swapped my SIM card into my iPhone 3GS for the time being. You don't realize how great hubs and Zune Passes are until they are gone :'(

It took me over 2 hours just to update my iTunes library. Instagram is kind of cool as well, but I don't see what the big deal is yet.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ooops, sorry, sklein, I thought you were the OP. Apologies to him/her as well. You're welcome. Seven is what I paid for each of my 2 trusty unbranded backups in August.

I see you've reached desperate levels. OMG, no Zune?? Oh, I realize... I bit the bullet and shelled out for a new Zune64 last week because I misplaced my Z32 a few weeks ago and learned what ZunePassless life was/would be like. And a phone is about the only unreliable electonics there is, so I don't consider that insurance. Speaking of Instgram, I've liked bubblegum and colorfy for just WP7 photos. Instagram is too social-focused for my tastes.

sklein382

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to give an update.

Put the new $7 battery from Amazon in and everything seems to be working great. Thanks for the heads up Rodolfo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss