The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I bought a 32g SD card off amazon and replaced my old 8g sd card that was in my phone with it. My phone still says it has the 8g card in and no matter what I do it won't recognize its new 32g card. My phone supports 32g. Can anyone pleaaaaaaase help me with this? I just wanna put lots of music on my phone without having to worry about space.
    02-14-2012 07:11 PM
    Which memory card did you buy?
    02-14-2012 08:44 PM
    SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card (Bulk Package)
    02-14-2012 09:11 PM
    And you did a hard reset after installing the new card. And also, this is on a Gen1 Focus, I assume. If so, wrong thread.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    02-14-2012 11:07 PM
    Do me a favor and explain to me what a hard reset is??
    02-15-2012 09:05 PM
    First turn the Phone off by holding the Power Button. With the phone Completely off Press & Hold down both the Camera button & the Volume Down button. Then while holding those buttons down, Press & Hold down the Power button. When the Phone vibrates, release the Power Button, But continue pressing the Camera and Volume buttons. Once the device displays the Are you sure you want to format? screen, release the Camera and Volume down buttons. Use the Windows Button to proceed with the Format.
    02-16-2012 04:59 PM
    First turn the Phone off by holding the Power Button. With the phone Completely off Press & Hold down both the Camera button & the Volume Down button. Then while holding those buttons down, Press & Hold down the Power button. When the Phone vibrates, release the Power Button, But continue pressing the Camera and Volume buttons. Once the device displays the Are you sure you want to format? screen, release the Camera and Volume down buttons. Use the Windows Button to proceed with the Format.
    I had to do a hard reset twice for my phone the recognise the new SD Card. First with Out the SD Card. Then with it in and then it worked great.
    02-16-2012 05:03 PM
    See here for compatible SD cards with SAMSUNG FOCUS:

Certified Windows Phone 7 microSD cards appear | WMPoweruser

what i dont get is why people buy things before even doing research. no offense.

click on the link to my signature for more info.
    02-20-2012 01:51 PM
    I have reported a number of times that I have a successful install of that "bulk"/Amazon Sandisk card which I paid $47 for last August. I had not read or heard anything about card issues and had just ordered the cheapest sandisk card available from my Prime source when I first registered at this site and started learning.

Here is an early post (see post #7) where I describe the restoring/ what i had to do to get my Focus to integrate, and finally show in Settings -> About, the extra memory.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/foc...tm#post1562705

My main advice is to be patient and persist.

Note that this post is not meant to counter any compatibility information. It may be that those cards lead to easier installs or better reliability. But, my 36.9 install has performed flawlessly, including a successful, first-try install of the Mango/"7.5" update. I have never experienced a Focus or WP7 issue, prior to or since Mango.

Note also, that I installed the card on a fresh, new Focus. The device had/s never gone through any "NoDo"s or any other software improvisations. I have only installed updates when prompted by Zune. But, no, I don't know how histories affect installation or other prospects for the Focus -although I have my suspicions and biases, one or two of which may be partly accurate. ;)

Best of luck with getting your install to work. :)

Edit: I don't know that the card listed as compatible at Sandisk is not my card. A prior compatibility list had been pulled at Sandisk, Microsoft, and Samsung sites when I was searching last August. I don't recall that circle-4 on the card I installed. BTW, here is the direct link to the Sandisk compatiblity page: http://pct1.sandisk.com/NewSearch.aspx.
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 02-21-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    02-21-2012 11:55 AM
    I did what you said and now my Windows phone is in download mode. It says "Do not turn off, It takes about 10 minutes." Is that supposed to happen...or did I do something wrong??
    05-11-2013 11:13 AM
    Sorry, but I don't come onto this now too-googalized and passported site as much. For probably others: yes, it will take a while and restart your phone at least a couple of times. I have now done this install a third time -with the same Sandisk card each time. This time when I connected my third new Focus, Zune installed all three updates including 7720, AKA "Mango" and "7.5". Total time elapsed was around 30 minutes. Still loving the 36.9 GB Focus. Good luck to all.
    05-30-2013 07:58 AM