phone shows missed calls, but never rings

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So this issue has happened a few times since I owned the phone and today it's happened with the 3 calls that I have received today. But worked fine last night.

What happens is that the phone turns on to the lock screen as if a call is about to come through but then shows a missed call. No caller ID displayed, no ring or vibrate, nothing. Yes, ring/vib is turned on and volume is maxed.

I've had the phone on my desk so each time it has happened I have watched it.

What could be causing this?

Last edited:

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Just received a call that did come through, however the person asked why it took me so long to answer.

I had picked up on the very first ring. So there must be a huge delay between when they are calling and i'm receiving the call.

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My phone did that for a short while. May want to contact your carrier. It seems they were doing some work on some towers near me and that was the problem. Hasn't happened in a long time.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
This can happen with any phone. The call comes in a the carrier can't find your phone. After playing a certain number of rings to the calling party they put the call to voicemail and send you a missed call notification.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like a weak signal. When a call comes in the network searches for your phone starting with the last tower you were detected by. If you are in the middle of an area where you are bouncing off two towers it can cause a lag when finding your phone. This in turn times the call out and sends it to voice mail. It might be as simple as putting your phone on a different place on your desk or you might need to keep it closer to a window, try it out and let us know if it helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire