Screen/Button issue

Zaisaroni

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I've recently purchased a used (but very new) Focus to try out WP7 before jumping into a 900 or Apollo device.

The phone is great! Much better than the iPhone 3GS i've been using, but I do have an issue with the capacitive buttons... The screen appears to be raised slightly on the bottom edge, it sticks up above the black exterior.

The windows button works by normal touch, just as it should. The other two buttons take some firm pressing to get to work. To get the search button to work, it requires physically pushing in the screen some, to get a push to register, and the back key isn't as bad, maybe 1 out of 10 it wont recognize like it should. I think the glass has just lifted away from the button underneath...

Is it possible the glue/fusing has just come undone slightly in that corner of the screen? Would it be best to just heat up that area, and apply pressure to the screen into the device while it cools? All of the screws in the back are tight.

I watched this to get an idea of how it's constructed...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?tcv=gUTPf8QyAVs&feature=BFa&list=HL1331063690&lf=mh_lolz

starvskii

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Just send it back to the seller and get your money back. The secondhand samsung Focus always have many issues, you can buy a focusS instead.

Zaisaroni

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
It was bought on craigslist at a nice price. I noticed it before money exchanged hands, but wasn't going to make it a deal breaker. It still activates, I just needs a press like a normal physical button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans